Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

Whistler wrote:lol glad you are coming to your senses Portia
Haha.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

aww, reading my husband's Quora answers reminds me of when I used to stalk board writers...
Portia

Post by Portia »

Someone mentioned a tool to be alerted when your Amazon cart items decreased in price. Is it similar to Hukkster? Not that I should go impulse-buying Tikal II, because I'm broke. :-|
Violet

Post by Violet »

CamelCamelCamel

It allowed me to buy my headphones for 20% less than they usually are.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Went to a talent show my daughter was in. Like every other eight year old in the world she wanted to sing Let it Go. Some other acts included a plastic light saber fight to the theme music of Star Wars and a hands free doughnut eating contest set to Weird Al's Eat It.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Got offered a TA job. The time conflicts with the dance class I want to take with my boyfriend. It's absolutely ridiculous how conflicted I feel about this seeing as there's objectively a right decision to make here.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Zedability wrote:Got offered a TA job. The time conflicts with the dance class I want to take with my boyfriend. It's absolutely ridiculous how conflicted I feel about this seeing as there's objectively a right decision to make here.
Which dance class?
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Tally M. wrote:
Zedability wrote:Got offered a TA job. The time conflicts with the dance class I want to take with my boyfriend. It's absolutely ridiculous how conflicted I feel about this seeing as there's objectively a right decision to make here.
Which dance class?
Dance 184
Digit

Post by Digit »

I was at Taco Bell eating with my son and I overheard one young worker there talking with the senior citizen woman working the register. The young one asked how long the other had been working there, to which she answered 35 years. I thought that was a pretty amazing length of time to be working a fast food job. I hope she makes more than minimum wage.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Digit wrote:I was at Taco Bell eating with my son and I overheard one young worker there talking with the senior citizen woman working the register. The young one asked how long the other had been working there, to which she answered 35 years. I thought that was a pretty amazing length of time to be working a fast food job. I hope she makes more than minimum wage.
If memory serves, Taco Bell caps non-management personnel at $10/hour.
Deus ab veritas
Digit

Post by Digit »

I wonder if there are any Taco Bells in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where since March 1, 2014, the minimum wage is $10.66 per hour. If so, I wonder how much a #6 meal with two beef Chalupas and soft taco and a large drink would have cost me there. ($6.22 after tax for me today)
Portia

Post by Portia »

I honestly thought that skinny jeans were just a fad back in 2007. Their terrifying reign appears to continue unabated. (I'm beginning to think that my low-on-the-hips bootcuts and flares are going to be considered "mom jeans" sooner rather than later. Dang.)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Wearing skinny jeans right now. They definitely haven't gone away.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

in my experience "mom jeans" are really comfortable and just make more sense on a body that has given birth. Aaaaand I never thought I would be defending mom jeans.
Amity

Post by Amity »

Me too! Skinny jeans are great and I think they look better on me than straight or boot-cut jeans.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

The only skinny jeans I have are a size too big because I couldn't find any "normal" jeans and that was as close as I could get. :P
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I have one pair of brown pants that fit kind of like "skinny jeans" and I really don't like the way they fit. I'm glad the super-low hip-huggers have gone out of style, because they emphasize the development of the muffin top. But otherwise I'm all about the straight leg or boot-cut jeans from a few years back.
Portia

Post by Portia »

#TIL if you have the body of a late adolescent you like skinny jeans. :-)