Rant of the Day

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Violet

Re: Rant of the Day

Post by Violet »

Ear infections are the worst (I had one last fall and ended up on the bathroom floor at school). I'm so sorry.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

It's my last semester of school, but that's assuming that I pass my least favorite class of all time. I seriously hate this class and I have to take a test today. I'm just tired of school and I wish this class wasn't required to graduate.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Roommate that just moved out just got engaged to best friend of four years (they've been more or less dating for four or five months, officially for a week and a half) two days after I got rejected by my best friend of two years. To say it stings a little is a bit of an understatement.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I was going to put watercress on my burger and I think it was actually horseradish.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Tally M. wrote:Roommate that just moved out just got engaged to best friend of four years (they've been more or less dating for four or five months, officially for a week and a half) two days after I got rejected by my best friend of two years. To say it stings a little is a bit of an understatement.
That.....is rough. :(
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tally M. wrote:Roommate that just moved out just got engaged to best friend of four years (they've been more or less dating for four or five months, officially for a week and a half) two days after I got rejected by my best friend of two years. To say it stings a little is a bit of an understatement.
:( Do you want to grab lunch some time?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

You're really great at those post rejection lunches, so sure :) Shoot me a message and we'll figure something out.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

And now they're getting married at the end of August
Violet

Post by Violet »

Oh hey, I know you're not my cousin's roommate, but the same thing just happened.

Engaged when I was in Utah over the 4th holiday, and they'll get married before I come back to Utah in August. It's actually ridiculous. Also, I had to beg friends to pick me up from the airport/frontrunner since my parents will still be driving back from wedding-festivity-ing when my flight gets in the next morning. Petty thing to be upset about, but I made my plans before the wedding was even a possibility.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Violet wrote:Oh hey, I know you're not my cousin's roommate, but the same thing just happened.

Engaged when I was in Utah over the 4th holiday, and they'll get married before I come back to Utah in August. It's actually ridiculous. Also, I had to beg friends to pick me up from the airport/frontrunner since my parents will still be driving back from wedding-festivity-ing when my flight gets in the next morning. Petty thing to be upset about, but I made my plans before the wedding was even a possibility.
Ugh, that's terrible. That happened to me with my dad's second wedding. I was expected to be there 10 days before I started a new job, but had already bought my plane ticket for about three weeks after the wedding. The whole process of changing tickets and packing and flying in Wisconsin weather was terrible. I'm glad you were able to coordinate a ride!
Rainbow_connection

Post by Rainbow_connection »

My coworker spent the whole day telling and re-telling anyone who would listen about how his granddaughter got a "well-deserved spanking" because she didn't want to eat dinner and kept refusing to sit down and eat. I just feel like that's setting up a terrible adversarial relationship with food, starting a power struggle for no reason, and teaching that you should eat at mealtimes regardless of whether you're hungry. I hate everything about the story so very much that I had a hard time concentrating on my work today.
P.S. She ended up still not eating even after being spanked.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Some people shouldn't reproduce. This seems to be a candidate case.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yeah, it sounds like it was more of a power struggle than actually about hunger/food. I think there are better ways to convince children about how they should spend their time than spanking them.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Yeah, that entire situation is bad news bears. Sometimes I want to tell those people, "I can help you! I would be easier if you would just..." and then I remember I don't actually know everything about parenting and it's not my job to save everybody.

In other news, it has now been impossible to get my antidepressant because of some kind of recall. The good news is I know it was working because I can feel all of those seven antidepressant-less days. Is there a bupriopion black market I don't know about? I suppose there's never a good time fro an antidepressant recall, but this is bad timing for me. TBR and I called it quits, and I think this time it will stick. So dopamine is already taking a big hit guys; it would be great to get my normal meds!
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I hear if you call around to multiple pharmacies sometimes one will have a drug that's on recall
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I have been. There's just a big shortage because one of the big manufacturers got recalled, and every pharmacy I talk to says they are only getting it 30 pills at a time when they are ordering the maximum they can order. I'll go in again in the morning and hope to at least get a few to tide me over. It's just frustrating, and it means I can't really manage my mental health very well.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

It's finals week right now. I really, really hate taking tests. I have until Thursday to take mine, but we are also moving out of our apartment on Friday. I just need to get my final over with, but I really don't want to right now. I'll probably take it tomorrow, but the testing center will probably be packed tomorrow. Either way, none of this is fun.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Tonight I remember why I'm apprehensive about living in apartments. The unit below us has been moved into (apparently this may have happened at about 1:45 this morning? Both my roommates heard loud voices) and they've done nothing but play really repetitive music at volumes we can easily hear.

Not to mention the small children who run about at 7 in the morning above us. And we try so much to be quiet during the quiet hours...

(Seriously though, this building has only been livable for about a month. How is it that EVERY SINGLE UNIT AROUND US IS OCCUPIED?)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Apparently dieting can cause insomnia. Grrrr.
Portia

Post by Portia »

My relatives are jaw-droppingly racist.