Randomness 4, Randomness Rebooted

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Thank... you?
Umm, right. I merely thought the article was funny because I hadn't heard of those wild mountain dew theories before.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

And I denied you the top post this time Bob.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I fail to see the point of that...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I fail to see the point of that...
No point really. I just thought I would point it out as you had mentioned you had claimed some of the previous ones.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

SWKT was here briefly... I miss werf already.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:SWKT was here briefly... I miss werf already.
My first thought was
"A light from our household is gone.
A voice we have loved is stilled
A place is vacant in our hearts
That never can be filled"

I am so obviously a product of my mother that this would be the first thing to come to my mind.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I just spent nearly thirty dollars at the BYU book sale. But it is okay I think. That is still less than the retail price of one of the books I got, and I bought four!

And in case anyone is interested, they have the first Mistborn book there. It is by the same author that wrote Elantris, and is very good. Not as good as Elantris, but good nonetheless. And it is only $5 for the hardcover.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Fredjikrang wrote:I just spent nearly thirty dollars at the BYU book sale. But it is okay I think. That is still less than the retail price of one of the books I got, and I bought four!

And in case anyone is interested, they have the first Mistborn book there. It is by the same author that wrote Elantris, and is very good. Not as good as Elantris, but good nonetheless. And it is only $5 for the hardcover.
? I work out there, and somehow I missed that one...

Oh well, I can't spend more money. I've already done over forty dollars.

Holy crap. I spent forty dollars on books Monday and Tuesday. Oops.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Too bad I'm not there... I love cheap good books...
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Anyone want some fish? I have a bunch of these guys and would love to give some away to a caring home. :D

Oh, and the checker who helped me said that she just put those books out this morning, so that may be why you missed them.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Fredjikrang wrote:Anyone want some fish? I have a bunch of these guys and would love to give some away to a caring home. :D

Oh, and the checker who helped me said that she just put those books out this morning, so that may be why you missed them.
Fish in our house tend to last about a week, no matter what we do, so not me.

Well, maybe it's for the best that I didn't see them. Now if only I can avoid working there for the rest of the week...
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

I just got soaked on my way home, because I was helping a crane not get killed in the middle of the road.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

A crane? Really? Was it a big one?

I saw some cranes while in/around Yellowstone, and they were huge! And loud. It was sweet. :D
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Anyone want some fish? I have a bunch of these guys and would love to give some away to a caring home.
The last fish I had (an indestuctible Beta, no less) died when I was 8 months pregnant with kid #1. It died because I forgot to feed it for about 3 weeks. And in my hormonally whale-like state, I bawled at how I was going to be an awful mother if I couldn't even take care of a fish. My husband was finally able to convince me that babies are a little better at reminding you they are hungry. Poor Materioptikon had a little trouble vocalizing his plight, however.
Giovanni Schwartz

xkcd *** wrote:I just got soaked on my way home, because I was helping a crane not get killed in the middle of the road.
I read a story one time about how these people had to go get a crane from a few blocks away to lift the car that rolled over and was on top of someone.

Oops... wrong crane...
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Fredjikrang wrote:A crane? Really? Was it a big one?

I saw some cranes while in/around Yellowstone, and they were huge! And loud. It was sweet. :D
It was a black one. It tried to bite my bike. This one was kinda small, but we do have those huge grey ones.
katydid

Post by katydid »

I heard people speaking Basque today!
Giovanni Schwartz

I saw a guy riding his motorcycle down the street without a shirt on today!
Giovanni Schwartz

I'm changing this post so bob doesn't get angry at me for double posting!
Last edited by Giovanni Schwartz on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I saw a guy riding his motorcycle down the street without a shirt on today!
I... I am not sure what to say to that. I guess wondering how many bugs splat against his chest?