First kiss

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

First kiss

Post by Marduk »

Let's hear your guys' stories about your first kiss. I'm interested to know who actually remembers theirs with fondness, because unfortunately I don't.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it at the time, but it was with a girl who was far more interested in me than I was in her, and led to feelings getting hurt, as well as me promising myself I'd never let myself kiss someone I wasn't in a relationship with.

So, better (or worse, if you feel like sharing) stories gogo!
Deus ab veritas
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Haven't had one yet? Yeah. Go me. (I'm not sure if I meant that sarcastically or not).

However, my little sister kissed a young man at the ripe old age of like seven (I think). They were swimming while my mom, his mom, and I were watching out the window. They stood up on one of the steps in to the pool looking at each other, when all the sudden they leaned over and kissed each other. It was hilarious. That family is one of our family's BFF families, and we still tease little sister about it to this day.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

My husband liked to tell everybody about how his first kiss was in first grade. He had a girlfriend for a week, which involved her attacking him to kiss him and him giving her erasers and such things as presents. Then she dumped him and gave him back the half used eraser.

Our first kiss was- awkward. Because I wasn't ready to kiss him yet (I had never kissed anyone, and I wasn't sure he was the one yet), but I was too startled to really respond. And then neither of us fessed up for a couple of weeks that it was the first kiss for both of us- he hadn't kissed anyone since that first grade girlfriend, and just used that story so no one would know.

Yeah, I've never kissed anyone other than my husband, and neither has he really . . . I've never figured out if I want to be proud of that or embarrased at how pathetic it is. Maybe I would be proud of it if it was on purpose.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

Sloppy. After watching the Shining. So romantic.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

My first first kiss was after Homecoming freshman year. We wandered around Helaman Halls for like 40 minutes discussing whether or not it was a good idea. It was a good enough idea, I guess*. Even though I wasn't sure the next morning if it had happened. He assured me it had; I think I hurt his feelings not remembering for sure. Oh well.

My second first kiss was a year and a half later, in the upstairs lobby of one of the Heritage Halls. Um. I remembered that one?

My third first kiss...well, the question did ask what an "ultimate" first kiss would be like. Probably at the end of a date, after we've dated a few times, enough times that we know we want to pursue something. Maybe we'll go to a romantic location to end the evening (or the afternoon, whenever the date was) and be talking, possibly DTR-ing, and it'll just happen.

Nah, that's not nearly ultimate enough.

One or the other of us will be involved in a very close call! Either a horrible transportation accident (in which we remain mostly unscathed, but maybe a romantic scratch or two from flying debris) or a release from the hospital after recovering from a deadly disease, or maybe instead of being in the accident a car comes rolling within inches and emotions are high and we can't believe that we are still able to see each other after all of that, and before we know it we're kissing!

Or maybe we've held our sexual tension at bay while working through a crisis, like maybe trying to bring down an evil spy organization. When the crisis is finally dissolved, the organization is kaput, we'll see each other from across the room and be unable to stop ourselves. We're so relieved and emotionally drained that all we can do is let it all go. In a kiss.

Yesterday I found out that my boss' first kiss was over the altar (at least, my dad is pretty sure).

The end.

*Except for the part about having to talk about it first. My new rule is that if you have to talk about it for that long it's probably not worth it.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I kissed a guy. Onstage. While he was playing Gaston. And I was playing a Silly Girl. And it was in the script (or our director's idea of the script, at least).

Yeah.
Last edited by bobtheenchantedone on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I kissed a guy. Onstage. While he was playing Gaston. And I was playing a Silly Girl. And it was in the script (or our director's idea of the script, at least).

Yeah.
I heard that no one kisses like Gaston.
Giovanni Schwartz

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I kissed a guy. Onstage. While he was playing Gaston. And I was playing a Silly Girl. And it was in the script (or our director's idea of the script, at least.

Yeah.
Heh. he. I love that play. It's fantastic. Story time:

There was a young man. He was tolerated, if not exactly loved. You know that type: he's still invited to go hang out, but if he doesn't come, no one is exactly upset. Anyway, one of his life's ambitions was to become the Beast in a production of Beauty and the Beast.

On the other hand, we had a young lady. She was spunky, talented, and fun. Most people liked her, as in the ones that she liked. Those that she didn't like, didn't really like her back, but she was kind to most people, even annoying juniors like me. She was cast as Belle.

So we went through the whole play: rehearsals, dance numbers, songs, the whole bit. And they got to the part at the end where the Beast was transformed into the handsome prince. And the director decided, "oh hey, Belle and Beast should kiss!"

And so they did.

Now, this wouldn't be a big deal, except that Beast hadn't ever kissed anyone before. When Mr. Director said this, Beast kind of flushed, then got really excited. And we all giggled a little bit. And then he admitted that he'd never kissed anyone before.

Belle says "That's okay. I've heard I'm a great teacher." Awkward silence. So they go off to practice kissing or whatever. Actually, I think they only did it once each time we would run through.

Every time after they kissed, Beast would come away absolutely BEAMING. It was hilarious. Probably even more hilarious if you actually know the kid. But still funny even if you don't.

Then, the night before the play actually began being performed for the public, director decided that since it was a family show, they shouldn't kiss.

You've never seen someone so downhearted.

It was epic.

And it related to someone else's first kiss. AND bobbo mentioned B&tB.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

First kiss: We were hugging, he leaned down and kissed me, I freaked, put my hands over my face, shook my head side-to-side screaming, "NO! NO! NO! NO!". On that note, I ran inside.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

xkcd *** wrote:First kiss: We were hugging, he leaned down and kissed me, I freaked, put my hands over my face, shook my head side-to-side screaming, "NO! NO! NO! NO!". On that note, I ran inside.
That poor, poor guy.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Dragon Lady wrote:
xkcd *** wrote:First kiss: We were hugging, he leaned down and kissed me, I freaked, put my hands over my face, shook my head side-to-side screaming, "NO! NO! NO! NO!". On that note, I ran inside.
That poor, poor guy.
Aren't all kisses like that?
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

It was really cold outside and my face was kind of numb.
Haha, goood times.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Mine tasted like soap.
habiba

Post by habiba »

I don't know who mine was. :oops:
allahu akbar
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I started giggling when I realized that it wasn't working really well, kissed him on the cheek, and put my head on his shoulder while he groaned "I'm such a dork!" It was both of your first kiss. I found his shy gentleness very endearing- unfortunately he was too shy to fly with my personality and it only lasted two and a half months.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

Once, long ago, I shared such a story on the Board. It can be read here:

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=38559
Giovanni Schwartz

Humble Master wrote:Once, long ago, I shared such a story on the Board. It can be read here:

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=38559
Oh, Master. I think I love you.

A few excerpts for all the too-lazy-to click people, like I almost was.
and then "the big moment" came and I froze like spittle in antarctic air.
I turned as red as a communist and made sort of mumbling sound,
Our strapping protagonist, who (let us end this charade) was me, was not like some missionaries who come back form the mission field throwing themselves upon any willing mammal that registered on their finely-tuned estrogen radar,
Yeah. Go read it. It's fantastic.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Yeah, we actually kept dating after that. I hated kissing for a year. Turns out he just really sucked at it.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Tao

Post by Tao »

habiba wrote:I don't know who mine was. :oops:
:shock:

Guessing there's a wee bit of an interesting story there...

Then again, if you count elementary school or younger escapades, I would have no way of knowing who was 'first' but I must confess I did have a bit of a drought there between '93 and '07. (Would have been around April of '93 to August 19, 2007)

As for ideal, I don't know if anything that doesn't end up leading to an alter can be considered 'ideal', nor could first kisses that end up becoming makeout sessions be all that advisable, but all in and done, I can say that I don't have any regrets in that department. That's good enough for me.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

My first kiss ... it led to marriage.