NaNoWriMo

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I think my main character is named... Caleb. And his brother is Simon. I think.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

How many words do you have Gio?
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

My mc's name is Jennah Alemen.

No other characters have names yet!

Post by 361 »

I wrote a short story once... only a few thousand words...

It's an allegory!
Giovanni Schwartz

I don't know. I'm at three thousand ish. Where I've been since I started it. Before the beginning of November. Shh... Don't tell anyone.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I just named a character after my bishop.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Giovanni Schwartz

All of my characters are named after people I know. Mostly from choir. Although chilly might get one named after her eventually. Just cuz. It's undecided if it will be a good or bad character, or if I'll even write that far, but... Yeah.

Post by 361 »

Can I request a dramatis personæ?
Giovanni Schwartz

Who what? (What is their name and what will they do?)

Describe the character in detail. If I ever get back to writing, a detailed character will be much more fun to try and work in.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

How about a cool loser who falls uncontrollably in love?
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

My MC is Octavia Winifred, her family calls her Taffy, which she hates. She is currently ten, but will soon be trapped in a world she did not know existed and will spend about eight years of her life there. I plan to have her about 20 when the story ends. Octavia is the eighth of ten children.
Her parents are Charles and Clarissa. Clarissa died a year after Octavia was born after giving birth to the younger set of twins. Charles gets remarried to a woman named Damita. Damita and Octavia don't really like each other at first, but do by the end. Actually they like each other now, at 7850 words.
The rest of the family are
Michael (Mike) who's girlfriend is Rachelinaclora. And I don't know exactly where her name came from, but it unfortunately stuck. Mike is 10 years older than the MC
Christopher (Cris) Second son, 9 years older
Jestin and Misu, or Jesse and Messy. Twins 5 years older.
Ripley, Humbert, and Dunmore. (Rip, Hum, Done) 4 years older. Triplets
Octavia
Treyton and Kyle, a year younger

Eliza, Octavia's best friend and next door neighbor.
Lefitray aka cousin Ell, Eliza's un-defined relative and the villain of the story.
Giovanni Schwartz

My plot: Caleb and Simon are at a special school. I think, if I remember correctly, the school was made to find kids with paranormal powers so the bad guys could harness their powers. And they are trained to fear the "Police", who (I decided this while typing this post) are the good guys, and the school is the bad guys. And Caleb is still the main character. But Simon is the one that got taken away by the Police that Caleb has to rescue. This story may turn out to be one of self-discovery. Right now, it's very new, and not yet happening very much. And writing stuff like this down helps me remember the plot that I make up. And there is a boss of the Police that is dying, who also was stolen from the school when he was young. And so they're trying to get Simon to become the leader, but Caleb doesn't realize that the Police are the good guys. I think I'm rambling now, so I'm going to stop.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:My plot: Caleb and Simon are at a special school. I think, if I remember correctly, the school was made to find kids with paranormal powers so the bad guys could harness their powers. And they are trained to fear the "Police", who (I decided this while typing this post) are the good guys, and the school is the bad guys. And Caleb is still the main character. But Simon is the one that got taken away by the Police that Caleb has to rescue. This story may turn out to be one of self-discovery. Right now, it's very new, and not yet happening very much. And writing stuff like this down helps me remember the plot that I make up. And there is a boss of the Police that is dying, who also was stolen from the school when he was young. And so they're trying to get Simon to become the leader, but Caleb doesn't realize that the Police are the good guys. I think I'm rambling now, so I'm going to stop.
That reminds me of a book a read years ago, about a community that lives like it is the 1800's, but in actuality they live in a sort of attraction place where people view from behind the scenes their day to day lives, and that one of the girls has to escape and find help, being surprised at every aspect of the modern world, because all the children are getting sick from some disease and those in charge won't let them use modern medicine.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote: That reminds me of a book a read years ago, about a community that lives like it is the 1800's, but in actuality they live in a sort of attraction place where people view from behind the scenes their day to day lives, and that one of the girls has to escape and find help, being surprised at every aspect of the modern world, because all the children are getting sick from some disease and those in charge won't let them use modern medicine.
Running out of Time, Margaret Peterson Haddix.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Hey. Fred. You going to update any time today, or am I just going to sit here worrying about how high your word count will be?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I haven't even written anything yet. It hasn't been a great day. :(
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Oh. Okay. I guess I'll relax then.

I hope your day gets better, love.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

I don't think there were any paranormal powers in running out of time. I don't really see the similarity, but, as I've said a lot recently, to each werf's own.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I'm still going to shoot for my daily goal tonight though. (My goal is 2000 words a day.) Just so you know. :)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I've done around 2000 today. I'll call it good. I don't feel like typing right now. I'm feeling all depressed for some reason. : P