How I met the 100 Hour Board

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Portia

re:echoboomer

Post by Portia »

Send me a private message, and I can change your screen name to anything you want.
Twister of Fate

Post by Twister of Fate »

kerouac jr wrote:That she did. My sister did as well.
That's pretty darn cool. :D
kerouac jr

Post by kerouac jr »

well, Twister of Fate, I have a pretty cool family.
bad grammar makes me [sic]
Christmas Cactus

Post by Christmas Cactus »

Thought I would add my story on here:
I actually found out about the Board when I was still in high school. A friend of mine introduced me to this cool online Q&A board from BYU. I started reading and was absolutely hooked. The Board is one thing that made me so excited to come to BYU. And by the time I came, I had read enough that I was ready to enjoy it to the fullest.
Throughout my BYU experience so far, the Board has been there for me, and I'm forever grateful.
Long live the Board! :D
Portia

Post by Portia »

So, I don't know . . . I was a Y group leader, and my partner and I showed the freshmen the Board, and one girl got excited and said she loved it and had been a reader for a while.

And Christmas Cactus's blurb about having read it since high school reminded me of that girl.

So, freshman, if you were in a Y group that played Mafia instead of dumb getting-to-know-you games, and you were that enthusiastic reader, I just want to let you know that we are still here, and we are still awesome.

Post by 727 »

There was a girl who was a friend of one of my mission buddies. She was incredibly attractive and the first girl I hung out with when I got home from my mission. She had all manner of awesome 100 hour board quotes on her myspace page, so I looked into the 100 hour board. I perused it casually until I got hired on at the library, then it was all over. In no time at all I had read the entire archives aaaaaaaaaand I'm probably partially responsible for the 7 question per week limit...
green_apple

Work did me in, too

Post by green_apple »

Wow, there is a weekly limit? Good to know....

I started working at BYU Info this past fall, and during the day we can only use the sites in our database. Somehow the 100 Hour Board is on there, and it's provided me with hours of entertainment and learning between taking calls. Thank goodness for the Board!
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Wow... we're in the official BYU Info database?

That makes me feel so... cool!
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Krebscout and I used to visit teach a girl who worked for BYU info. She found it amusing that we were Board writers, but said they didn't actually use it as a resource very often. But still, I think if you call BYU Info and ask how many stairs there are on campus, they know where to find out. :)
Goober

Post by Goober »

It is all Bobtheenchantedone's fault that I know about the 100 hour boards existence.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I followed a link to it last summer and my life has never been the same. I've gone from being a casual, every-couple-days type reader to not missing it in the mornings and occasionally surfing the archives at work. 'Tis good stuff.
So many different types of sparrows!
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Yellow wrote:Wow... we're in the official BYU Info database?

That makes me feel so... cool!
Yeah, there's been a long-standing relationship between the 100 Hour Board and BYU Info. We've actually had some writers go over to BYU Info, and some former BYU Info people have written for the board, but the connection goes back farther than that. Maybe it's just a common pursuit of information. I know I totally used BYU Info to answer campus-related questions.
- Benvolio
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Cool Buttercup! Welcome to the Board board! :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Thanks for the welcome, Fredjikrang! Glad to be here.
So many different types of sparrows!
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

727 wrote:In no time at all I had read the entire archives aaaaaaaaaand I'm probably partially responsible for the 7 question per week limit...
Mmm, I wouldn't put too much blame on yourself. That rule was a long time coming, dating back to the NKOTB days, when he infamously monopolized almost two whole days worth of answers.
- Benvolio

Post by 727 »

Hahahahaha, I ran into that in the archives about a month ago.
What's he up to these days?
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

He was at my apartment last year for some weird get together.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Is he active?
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Heh. In the church or on the board? Church--I think so, yes. Board, if he is, he doesn't ask many questions at all.
Mack Wilberg

Post by Mack Wilberg »

I don't know how many more questions he could possible ask.