Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Cognoscente

Conference = SUPER AWESOME

Post by Cognoscente »

Am I right or what? WAY cool!
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Re: Conference = SUPER AWESOME

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Cognoscente wrote:Am I right or what? WAY cool!
I concur. I was actually surprised to see your twitter updates with it.

But yes, Conference has been very awesome.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I think my favorite part was when Elder Bednar put the smack down on hypocrites tactfully.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Wait, don't ruin anything yet!! Because of time differences, our branch isn't watching it until next week. I've been very tempted to just stream it on the internet, but I'd get way too distracted by other things...

Okay okay, maybe I'll just ignore this thread until next weekend.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

So far I have only been able to see one half of one session, but I saw Elder Bednar's talk. It was perfect. I want to print it out and make it into a giant poster and hang it on my wall.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Sky Bones wrote:Wait, don't ruin anything yet!! Because of time differences, our branch isn't watching it until next week. I've been very tempted to just stream it on the internet, but I'd get way too distracted by other things...

Be glad you don't follow the #ldsconf tag on twitter then.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

My favorite part (well, one of them) was all the obscure hymns the choir sang! I love those songs, and it was nice to hear them.

Pretty much all awesome.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

C is for wrote:My favorite part (well, one of them) was all the obscure hymns the choir sang! I love those songs, and it was nice to hear them.

Pretty much all awesome.
Ooo! Yes! What was that one? O Divine Redeemer? I LOVED that song!
Gay Blade

Post by Gay Blade »

I agree, it was a great conference.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Sky Bones wrote:Wait, don't ruin anything yet!! Because of time differences, our branch isn't watching it until next week. I've been very tempted to just stream it on the internet, but I'd get way too distracted by other things...

Be sure to look for my totally awesome, WAY FAMOUS moment Sunday Morning where I took the picture of the warm fuzzies for President Monson's talk. It's about the only claim to fame I will probably ever have, so I've decided to bask in it for the week. (o:
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

You took that picture?? That is so awesome!
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

I'll be sure to look for it. And I did cheat a little though and looked up the new Temple announcements. :) It was worth it.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Yes, who will ever forget the picture of the jar of the warm fuzzies. Way to go!
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

vorpal blade wrote:Yes, who will ever forget the picture of the jar of the warm fuzzies. Way to go!
I know. That's basically what I had in mind -- my picture burned into the minds of millions. (o:
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I told my mom that he was going to talk about warm fuzzies. Before it even happened. And then I told her you took the picture of it. And I told some people in my institute class. They were exceedingly jealous of me.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Preemptive reviving of thread for further discussion of the awesomeness of General Conference.

Go to Chilly's blog for a sneak peek at a little bit of what President Monson might possibly be talking about!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I happen to know!
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

So when I started reading the posts, I didn't notice it was old at first, and panicked. "Shoot, they are already talking about what someone said at conference? What time is it? Wait a second . . ."
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:So when I started reading the posts, I didn't notice it was old at first, and panicked. "Shoot, they are already talking about what someone said at conference? What time is it? Wait a second . . ."
Ha, I thought the same thing! And I still haven't gotten used to having conference start at 1 instead of 10 (even after three years), so I usually have several moments throughout the morning where I think I missed it! :)
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

I really like President Packer's talk. It seems like he usually tries say in some way in his talks that the General Authorities aren't a bunch of superheroes who are better at church than everyone else.