6' 1" to 6' 2" (male)
4%
6' 3" and above (either gender)--Call yourself out
4%

Total votes: 27

C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Ah, I love this. I'm going to pretend for some of you whose looks I already know that I don't.

First, Wisteria, I picture you as dark-haired, for sure.

krebscout: sandy brown hair. From this question I know you had a testimony of long hair, so I used to imagine it about shoulder-length. Green eyes. Average height, average weight.

NerdGirl: Short, glasses, dark hair about shoulder-length that's kind of between curly and straight or maybe just curly. Brown eyes.

Mico: about 5'7", between skinny and average, straight dark hair, dark eyes, no glasses.

bob: Shoulder-blade length red hair. Blue eyes, fair skin, 5'5".

Gio: tall and thinnish, somewhat dark-complected, dark hair, dark eyes (with a roguish expression).
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Gio, what did you think I looked like before you knew? My mental picture of you was shorter and with lighter hair.

Krebscout: Average height, kind of muscular like you work out a lot. Long wavy light brown hair and light brown eyes. No glasses.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Ha! Muscular! I love it.

Gio: You are not at all what I expected. I was picturing someone kinda scrawny and Potter-esque. In reality you look a lot like a guy my freshman roommate dated.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

krebscout wrote:Ha! Muscular! I love it.

Gio: You are not at all what I expected. I was picturing someone kinda scrawny and Potter-esque. In reality you look a lot like a guy my freshman roommate dated.
Scrawny, huh? Not so much.
NerdGirl wrote:Gio, what did you think I looked like before you knew? My mental picture of you was shorter and with lighter hair.

Krebscout: Average height, kind of muscular like you work out a lot. Long wavy light brown hair and light brown eyes. No glasses.
In my head, you looked like "Katya the Librarian" when I picture her in my head. Mostly "the Librarian" part. Medium height, medium weight, medium build, medium length hair, probably pulled back in a bun. Kind of mousy, with rosy full-ish cheeks. Overall, fairly average.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I think you look like your brother, but thinner, and nerdy-er.

Edit: "you" meaning "Gio."
Last edited by bobtheenchantedone on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

NOPE. Not even close.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Hrmm, Nerdgirl got a bit closer than I would have expected. Even she was quite a bit off, though. Especially about the style of dress. Right now, I'm wearing a free t-shirt (for a 5k race I didn't even run) and jersey basketball shorts. And I'm barefoot (which is what I prefer. I dream of a world in which footwear isn't necessary.)
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

OOoh, it is fun to see how close you guys actually are. Ironically, I don't look that different from my avatar friend Pam over there. Average weight, a bit short, long brown hair. But straight. And glasses. And I used to dye my hair red for fun, but don't anymore 'cause my hubby said he prefers brunettes. Nice work guys!
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

C is for, yours is really close for me, depending on your definition of short. I feel like I'm pretty short, but some people might not. I'm about 5'5. And my hair is certainly curly, dark, and shoulder length at the moment. It's been a few different colors in the past, though, and the length varies wildly because I tend to grow it out really long and then cut it really short. But it's always curly. And you're right about the glasses and brown eyes!
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

krebscout wrote:The few of you that I've met in real life are the basis for my mental image of all the rest of you. In other words, all of you females look like Unit of Energy and all of you males look like Nanti or Fredji to me.

Except for Vorpal Blade, who looks like Sean Connery. Good eyebrows.
I wish I looked like Sean Connery. Keep that image in mind. The picture I use is Sean Connery, but you probably knew that.

I did once use an actual picture of me, as a three year old.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Heh, I was once told I am nothing like I come across in print. This was followed by "You sound Aisian... and wise"

One day I hope to qualify for at least one of those.

Though I'm not sure how long I'll have to live in Asia to be considered Asian.
Giovanni Schwartz

It takes as long as it takes to get an Asian accent. But I picture you as the stereotypical nerd. Like, stocky, average height, plaid shirt, thick glasses. If you need to borrow a pocket protector any time, I've got a spare. (No, I'm not joking.)
habiba

Post by habiba »

Tao wrote:Heh, I was once told I am nothing like I come across in print.
This is very true. A lot of the writers were easy to peg upon first meeting. You were a surprise (a delightful one of course).
allahu akbar
Giovanni Schwartz

Habiba is tall(ish, but not overly so), dark haired, and lovely.
Giovanni Schwartz

You know, I laugh that there are 8 guys who responded to the poll and 17 (lovely) women.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Habiba is tall(ish, but not overly so), dark haired, and lovely.
Yes. This is what I picture too.

As for Tao, I picture average (for a guy) height, dark hair, and, uh, paleness. But I can't find the question that made me think that!

I never tire of this. And I am happy that I guessed right on at least SOMEONE. (Well, I pictured NerdGirl a couple inches shorter, but still.)
Giovanni Schwartz

Edit: Deleted.
Last edited by Giovanni Schwartz on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

The problem with my nym is that everyone pictures me as Asian. My avatar doesn't help matters at all. Trust me, I don't look Asian. (Neither does Tao, for that matter. :)) Heck, it doesn't even fit my personality, even. The closest I get to dragons in… well… anything is reading Harry Potter. (I mean, c'mon. I am also Niffler.)
Tao

Post by Tao »

C is for wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Habiba is tall(ish, but not overly so), dark haired, and lovely.
Yes. This is what I picture too.
Habiba has an amazing penchant for this. I rarely (if ever) imagine a face to associate with a printed name, even if an author goes to lengths to describe it. Yet before ever meeting her, I had still acquired the impression of habiba as part of the graceful gentry. Upon receiving a question concerning royalty hiding among the ranks of the Board, turns out a significant portion of the writers had similar intimations, whether they had met her in person or not.

While lovely when referring to physicality is very subjective, I think it says something significant when someone can convey beauty through such a limiting medium as print.

C is for wrote:As for Tao, I picture average (for a guy) height, dark hair, and, uh, paleness. But I can't find the question that made me think that!
I didn't remember it until searching, but yes, mention has been made of my significantly white skin. Catch me now as winter draws to its denouement, and your description isn't far off.
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

I picture Habiba as short, dark haired, and very exotic-looking.

And I picture Tao as kind of looking like the Weasley twins for some odd reason.