Hobbes and Marzipan Borg

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Indeed. I realized that today. Although I wonder why he's 8 of 20.

Eight of 20, Primary Detector of Unimatrix 100= The Detective
Hobbes and Marzipan of Borg= Hobbes and Marizpan, obviously.
Second of Five, Gimgimnus of Borg= Gimgimno
Claudius of Borg= Claudio
Formicus of Borg= Foreman (by common consent)
Borg R.P./Borg Pending= Rating Pending
Grey Sheep of Borg= The Black Sheep (I like this name, btw.)
Cognoscente of Borg= Cognoscente
CK of Borg= Commander Keen
PSEUDONAMES UNITED UNDER THE BORG =Pseudoname
Sebastienne of Borg=St. Seb
Hue of Sol=Yellow (this name is awesome too.)
Mico of the Borg=Mico
The Borg Queen=Queen Alice

Anomalous
Humble Master
Laser Jock
Loki
Sky Bones
and Sauron

Looks like I forgot Pseudoname and Queen Alice the first time. Except I think Humble Master is gone. Because I don't think I've seen an asnwer from him in a while. Maybe he's behind the borg hivemind, and they're not revealing their leader.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I haven't been keeping track of who got assimilated when, but is it possible that The Detective was the 8th writer to be assimilated?
Giovanni Schwartz

Dragon Lady wrote:I haven't been keeping track of who got assimilated when, but is it possible that The Detective was the 8th writer to be assimilated?
I think he was assimilated on like the second day. So I would hazard a guess at no, but I'm not sure.
Giovanni Schwartz

You know, I decided something. The borg are vaguely reminding me of CATS. Pretty soon they'll start speaking Engrish, I bet.
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Post by 100 Typing Monkeys »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:You know, I decided something. The borg are vaguely reminding me of CATS. Pretty soon they'll start speaking Engrish, I bet.
We will end them if they do.
Giovanni Schwartz

100 Typing Monkeys wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:You know, I decided something. The borg are vaguely reminding me of CATS. Pretty soon they'll start speaking Engrish, I bet.
We will end them if they do.
Taking bets: How long until the boarg assimilates the assembled monkeys and apes.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Just thought I'd interject to mention that I have a few questions for the board that are waiting for the whole borg thing to blow over. I don't want assimilation orders typed in all caps in response to my questions.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

(pssst you can submit them right now. It's safe)
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

ATTENTION KREBSCOUT FRIEND:

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION? THIS JOKE IS LASTING FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER. YOU WERE SORELY MISINFORMED.

XOXO,

GIMGIMNUS OF BORG
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Gimgimno wrote:ATTENTION KREBSCOUT FRIEND:

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION? THIS JOKE IS LASTING FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER. YOU WERE SORELY MISINFORMED.

XOXO,

GIMGIMNUS OF BORG
I was not aware that Borg gave hugs and kisses...
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Giovanni Schwartz

Dear krebscout,

Way to come to the rescue.

Heart,

Gio
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Dead Cat wrote:
Gimgimno wrote:ATTENTION KREBSCOUT FRIEND:

XOXO,

GIMGIMNUS OF BORG
I was not aware that Borg gave hugs and kisses...
Ack! That's gotta be like kissing a member of Rammstein

I am Ellipsissy...
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

@Damasta: *shudddddder*

@Dead Cat: I snerked. I also snerked at Seriously, So Blessed today. Congrats for being that funny!

Did anyone else have a hard time figuring out Hummus? It took me embarrassingly long.

I also thought that, while it was tiresome to weed through all the "Resistance is Futile"s, having everything on the board be Borg today was done well.

edited for comma error
Last edited by C is for on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Marduk wrote:Just thought I'd interject to mention that I have a few questions for the board that are waiting for the whole borg thing to blow over. I don't want assimilation orders typed in all caps in response to my questions.
I've been holding off too...
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

So. Who's left?

Also, Borg Sauron is my favorite. Best new name ever.

But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

thebigcheese wrote:
Marduk wrote:Just thought I'd interject to mention that I have a few questions for the board that are waiting for the whole borg thing to blow over. I don't want assimilation orders typed in all caps in response to my questions.
I've been holding off too...
As krebscout said, it's safe now. By the time any of yours are answered this'll be long over.

Also, man, this has really revealed how many of our readers are absolute whiney brats (not talkin' about you here, Mr. big cheese). Sorry for providing a completely free service and trying to have a little fun with it as we do so. Sheesh.
<insert smarmy quote here>
Tao

Post by Tao »

Wholeheartedly agree with Xkcd. That was as awesome as any of W&S's pics so far, in my opinion. Although the layers of Hue of Sol; the layers! Bahaha!

Also: I had not noticed it before, but I greatly enjoy the "Your questions/ Collective Answers / 100 hour Borg" icon. Very well done indeed.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Commander Keen wrote: Also, man, this has really revealed how many of our readers are absolute whiney brats (not talkin' about you here, Mr. big cheese). Sorry for providing a completely free service and trying to have a little fun with it as we do so. Sheesh.
That's MISS big cheese to you! Haha...just kidding.

Here's my take on the whole thing: it comes across like an inside joke. If you've seen the show and understand the references, it's funny. And it's fun to watch the story unfold. Kind of like a mystery novel. I'll admit that I'm actually following the blog more than I would have expected (I usually hate geeky sci-fi stuff).

But if you don't understand the references...or you just wanted serious answers to your questions, the Borg thing probably seems weird and kind of annoying because you just got a bunch of geeky joke answers instead. So I think people are a little frustrated with that, especially since it's been drawn out over several days. I will also admit that it's not very fun to read the same line about assimilation 50 times down the page every day for a week. I normally read about 80% of the answers, but lately I've resorted to skimming.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

thebigcheese wrote:I will also admit that it's not very fun to read the same line about assimilation 50 times down the page every day for a week.
ATTENTION CHEESE:

WE REPEAT OURSELVES BECAUSE RESISTANCE IS ALWAYS FUTILE. PEOPLE NEED REMINDING. THE SITE SAYS "Your questions...Our answers" EVERYDAY AND PEOPLE STILL MURMUR AND COMPLAIN. IT'S AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN EVERY MORNING AND PEOPLE STILL THINK THAT THEIR ANSWERS WOULD BE BETTER THAN OURS. THEY'RE NOT YOURS. PEOPLE NEED REMINDING.

YOURS TRULY,

BORG FRIEND
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Phew! For a minute there, I thought you were going to threaten me with assimilation.