Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

So I accidentally stalked a board writer today. I know he's a writer, because he's friends with Black Sheep, Saint Seb, and krebscout. It's not one of HFAC. I think it's Cognoscente, but I'm not sure.

And it really was an accident! I clicked on a link that said "So & so commented on Joebob's status" for Joebob's profile, and there it was.

Oops.

The only people that I've really truly STALKED are bob and Sky Bones (and she stalked me first!)

Also, about that question today... Who hasn't been "stalked" by me? Wisteria hasn't. 42 hasn't. Gimpy hasn't. Portia hasn't. vb hasn't. Imogen hasn't. Yeah. Out of the top 18 posters or so, (plus Gimpy), those are the only ones whose names I don't know.

PS MY BROTHER GETS HOME TOMORROW! !! !!! ! !!!1
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I'm awake before the new questions on the board have posted. That is not right.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

My problem is that I'm often still awake when the new questions on the board have posted.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So I accidentally stalked a board writer today. I know he's a writer, because he's friends with Black Sheep, Saint Seb, and krebscout. It's not one of HFAC. I think it's Cognoscente, but I'm not sure.

Also, about that question today... Who hasn't been "stalked" by me? Wisteria hasn't. 42 hasn't. Gimpy hasn't. Portia hasn't. vb hasn't. Imogen hasn't. Yeah. Out of the top 18 posters or so, (plus Gimpy), those are the only ones whose names I don't know.
I wasn't aware you had "stalked" me, but I guess anonymous comments on my blog might count. I broke down and finally looked you up on facebook. Took all of 2 minutes. Kind of surprised we only have 2 friends in common.

Also amused that Cognoscente and I have 17 friends in common, and only 3 have never actually written for the Board.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

I don't know why I keep checking for updates, even though I KNOW no one else is online right now.

Perhaps this is a sign I should go to sleep. Or, you know, get a job.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Yeah, it's a sure sign that your reasoning skills are lacking if you're friends with any Board writers and can't figure out just about everyone else. I can only think of two or three writers that I'm not friends with.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So I accidentally stalked a board writer today. I know he's a writer, because he's friends with Black Sheep, Saint Seb, and krebscout. It's not one of HFAC. I think it's Cognoscente, but I'm not sure.

And it really was an accident! I clicked on a link that said "So & so commented on Joebob's status" for Joebob's profile, and there it was.

Oops.

The only people that I've really truly STALKED are bob and Sky Bones (and she stalked me first!)
Um, I'm pretty sure you found my phone number and texted me that one time. I think that counts as stalking.
Giovanni Schwartz

Texted you??? I don't think I ever did that. I emailedd you several times, but not texted you.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

It's kind of funny that my identity has stayed so . . . undisturbed since I've been sorely tempted to blow it recently in order to brag about a relative on BYU campus. But I don't care enough to actually blow my cover.
Giovanni Schwartz

See, I never really stalk anyone. Unless they tell me that they know my name, in which case I go after them. Except for Gimpy. I avoid his name on a matter of principle.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Texted you??? I don't think I ever did that. I emailedd you several times, but not texted you.
Well someone did claiming to be you several months ago. It was very strange.
Giovanni Schwartz

Huh. It wasn't me. That's not stalking, that's creeping.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I have only ever been curious to know the identities of various female writers whose writing styles I have liked, and that was mostly to see if they were cute. Sorry guys, I just don't care who any of you are.
Deus ab veritas
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I mainly stalk readers. Or people who follow me on twitter, etc. People I've (usually) met in real life.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Giovanni Schwartz

yellow m&m wrote:I mainly stalk readers. Or people who follow me on twitter, etc. People I've (usually) met in real life.
I'm pretty sure you stalked me before I even had a twitter.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
yellow m&m wrote:I mainly stalk readers. Or people who follow me on twitter, etc. People I've (usually) met in real life.
I'm pretty sure you stalked me before I even had a twitter.
No, I don't think so. Unless you count stalking as 'reading your blog'.

Actually, what's everyone's definition of 'Stalk'? I'm really curious if my definition is the same as yours.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Giovanni Schwartz

Mine is "exerting extra effort to find out someone's name." That's stalking to me.

I'm curious, though: how come everyone can get on facebook, and right away say "oh, that's Gio!" Is it because I'm not friends with enough writers or something?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Wisteria wrote:It's kind of funny that my identity has stayed so . . . undisturbed since I've been sorely tempted to blow it recently in order to brag about a relative on BYU campus. But I don't care enough to actually blow my cover.
I saw the poster of that relative when I visited BYU campus a couple weeks ago (at least, if we're talking about the same thing). I pointed it out to my family. They thought it was cool, I guess, that I have such connections.

Guys, I've never done a thing with any of the identities I've figured out (except ... that one time when I blew it by telling all of them that I knew who they were). Does that make me a stalker or a creeper? Or just a researcher?
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Once again, I direct you all to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7psAFAZro

I'm in love with an ostrich. All the neighbors complain, but you see--she loves me.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Gimgimno wrote:Once again, I direct you all to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7psAFAZro

I'm in love with an ostrich. All the neighbors complain, but you see--she loves me.
Watched it already. Can't watch it on the Church computer. I don't chase you, I don't sing about ostriches...I'm missing the connection here.