I just wanna say...

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Re: I just wanna say...

Post by thebigcheese »

I just wanna say that the current title bar is one of my favorite quotes of this century.

(By the way, what was the dicey question that provoked it?)
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I can guarantee that beating around the bush and trying to hide something like depression is a pretty good way to never get over it. Which isn't to say that staring it in the face and asking others to assist isn't super challenging, but there is a huge, huge difference between complaining and discussing a situation with the goal of taking small steps out of said situation. Something that I've been working on a lot lately is dropping all comparisons between my life and everyone else's lives. My life is a path that is between me and God. Other people may play important roles in my life, but God and I are the only ones who get the final say on what I do and become. Once that is established, there is no room for feelings of self-doubt, self-loathing, self-pity, or anything else that's negative, because it's those negative feelings directed at myself that will block my own progression quicker than anything else.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

yellow m&m wrote:
writing that post while depressed might not have been the smartest thing I've ever done. But I know that I need help with this. And apparently a lot of you guys have dealt with depression. I just want advice on how to deal with it. What all works for you? What all have you tried? What can you suggest? I don't want this to ruin my life. I just don't know what to do.
Exercising. - A long run gives me a short high that usually lasts for 3-4 hours after.

BYU Counseling. - A mess. I tried explaining to the woman that I wanted to be a happy person. I didn't want to depend on others to make me happy. Here, Jasmine explains it so well. Anyway, she just talked me in circles and ... buh... worst day ever.

Volunteering. - I found something I loved and immersed myself in it. Unfortunately I forgot to balance it out with school and other responsibilities. This was the most effective for me. Combine it with exercising and I should be set.

What I haven't tried:

The Atonement. - Not sure how to start, actually.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

thebigcheese wrote:I just wanna say that the current title bar is one of my favorite quotes of this century.

(By the way, what was the dicey question that provoked it?)
Let me try to find it, since I was the one who nominated it...

Huh. Nope. Well, if I remember correctly, it had something to do with marrying relatives. Marrying a cousin or something.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I just wanna say that I like yesterday's title bar quote on the Board proper. I just noticed it today and thought it amusing.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Hillshire Farm's "Go Meat" commercials drive me crazy.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

They make me hungry.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Man, now I'm hungry. Sure wish I could have some pizza...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

We just had a birthday party for my dad, so there's plenty of tacos, quiche, and chocolate cake leftover if you want to drive about 11 hours north! All gluten-free! Why tacos and quiche? Nobody knows.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Aw man, I wish I could drive 11 hours north! I wonder if we have ingredients for chocolate cake...
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

And I forgot to say that the chocolate cake has cream cheese icing!!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

It was recently my cousin's birthday, and for his birthday dinner, he requested I cook carne asada burritos and scalloped potatoes. To each their own.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I wanted my mom to make last year's birthday cake - a carefully-arranged tower of Little Debbie treats. Yum. : d
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

Not to be a wet blanket, but wasn't the reason we originally created the "random" threads was to have a place for conversations exactly like this? mods?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

bismark wrote:Not to be a wet blanket, but wasn't the reason we originally created the "random" threads was to have a place for conversations exactly like this? mods?
So are you saying that "this random thread is too random for the random chatter tab?"

I'm sure this thread is exactly where it should be, and it isn't going to kill us to have a little variety here.
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I think he means that totally random conversations belong in the random ramblings thread. If this is going to be another totally random conversation thread that can get pretty tiresome.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

C is for wrote:I think he means that totally random conversations belong in the random ramblings thread. If this is going to be another totally random conversation thread that can get pretty tiresome.
yup.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

So, I don't actually read much of this forum, and I just stumbled upon this now. Yay, being really really late to a conversation. However, knowing depression as I do, I imagine not much has changed. Anyway, just wanted to say, Yellow M&M, if you want someone to talk to, I'm all ears. I identify with a lot of what you say. Feel free to email me or private message me or whatever. And I hope I'm wrong and a lot HAS changed and you are doing much better.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I just wanna say that the black sheep is amazing. and awesome.

also: I don't wanna live anymore.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise