tattoos

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Watts

Re: tattoos

Post by Watts »

UnluckyStuntman wrote:
I still have to pick an artist that I like, and so far I've got nothing. I may plan a whole trip and go out of state to see someone on the West Coast, just so I can have exactly what I want.
Since you mentioned the West Coast, I thought I would throw this information out there. My uncle (the tattoo artist) owns his own shop in Placerville, CA and he has the cleanest shop I have ever seen. He's also been at it for 16 years. I am bias for sure, but I've seen a bunch of his work and I am very impressed with what he does. If I get a tattoo (hint: I probably will) it will be from him without a doubt.

Here's a link to his shop's website.
And here's a link to the facebook page, which has a crap-ton more photos than the shop website.
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

Watts wrote:
UnluckyStuntman wrote:
I still have to pick an artist that I like, and so far I've got nothing. I may plan a whole trip and go out of state to see someone on the West Coast, just so I can have exactly what I want.
Since you mentioned the West Coast, I thought I would throw this information out there. My uncle (the tattoo artist) owns his own shop in Placerville, CA and he has the cleanest shop I have ever seen. He's also been at it for 16 years. I am bias for sure, but I've seen a bunch of his work and I am very impressed with what he does. If I get a tattoo (hint: I probably will) it will be from him without a doubt.

Here's a link to his shop's website.
And here's a link to the facebook page, which has a crap-ton more photos than the shop website.
Right on! Thanks, Watts!
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

My husband kinds wants an Ironman tattoo. Not enough to get it, but that is what he would get if he did.

I do natural childbirth because I am more afraid of needles than pain, so you can guess where I stand. They are cool, but never ever for me.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I assume the current BYU students are going to wait til they graduate/leave to pursue this?
UnluckyStuntman

Portia wrote:I assume the current BYU students are going to wait til they graduate/leave to pursue this?
I'm still a BYU student, and I plan on getting my tattoo whether or not I go back (I'm on a medical leave of absence until next fall). So no, I'm not waiting.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Portia wrote:I assume the current BYU students are going to wait til they graduate/leave to pursue this?
Ha. Was anyone else in school back when they had the soapbox by the Wilk occasionally? It was an actual crate labeled "soapbox" with a microphone that people could stand on and talk about issues they wanted to rant about. And one day, as I was walking past it to go to class, a girl got up on the box and took the mic. "I have just one thing to say!" she said, before turning around and pulling her pants down slightly to expose a tattoo on the upper portion of one cheek. "THIS does not make me any less a daughter of God!"

And every time I think of BYU students and tattoos, that is what comes to mind. :)
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Post by Yog in Neverland »

Watts wrote:
Yog in Neverland wrote:I know there's some famous-in-the-jazz-world bassist that has a bass clef tattooed on the corner of the palm of his hand. That actually makes sense, though, since it's... you know... his entire existence.
So since we're both Board writers, we should get a really cool paper bag tattooed? I'm down if you are ;)
YES. EXCELLENT.
UnluckyStuntman

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:
Ha. Was anyone else in school back when they had the soapbox by the Wilk occasionally? It was an actual crate labeled "soapbox" with a microphone that people could stand on and talk about issues they wanted to rant about. And one day, as I was walking past it to go to class, a girl got up on the box and took the mic. "I have just one thing to say!" she said, before turning around and pulling her pants down slightly to expose a tattoo on the upper portion of one cheek. "THIS does not make me any less a daughter of God!"

And every time I think of BYU students and tattoos, that is what comes to mind. :)
Greatest story ever. That girl is my hero.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Wait, do they not have the soapbox anymore?? That is so sad.
Watts

Post by Watts »

Honor code specifies no additional piercings, but does not say anything about tattoos. Therefore, I am mostly holding off because I would only ever let my uncle give me a tat, and I have neither the time nor the money to fly/drive out to Placerville, CA. Also, I really want my cousin there with me when we get our matching/shared tat and she lives in VA, so not very likely. Besides, she/I need to come up with a waaaaaay better design before I'm gonna stick it on my body. Some of the stuff we've come up with it pretty terrible.