Talking About Sex

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Talking About Sex

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/71537/

First of all, I agree that sex is a fascinating subject that I love discussing with others to get their opinions and viewpoints.

Also, I have read some of Bonk (I had to return it before I could finish) and it was fantastic. It's incredibly eye-opening to realize how much we avoid talking about sex, even going so far as to avoid doing research - the part of the book I read was all about how sex could previously only be studied a) by weirdos who had basically been ousted from the scientific community or b) by studying other things, such as an average person's heart rate during different activities.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Re: Talking About Sex

Post by mic0 »

I always thought the book was called "Boink." Weird! And I, too, like talking about sex (in a hypothetical way, not really my own experiences, or maybe I just haven't met the right people for such discussions :P). Also also, that's an interesting point, bob, about sex research.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I enjoy talking about sex. I think it's a good and important thing to talk about.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I'm not necessarily one to talk about sex, but I read about it a lot. (But then, I read about everything a lot.)
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

It's very important you talk to your spouse about sex. Tell them what you like, don't like etc. I would recommend it even before marriage (the talking about it part).
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I talk about it with my siblings, too. Or, rather, naughty jokes are now told freely in front of everybody in the family, because we're all married, and my family has always been a little less than proper. And I talk about it a little with my mom friends. And, of course, my husband. But I'm a fairly open person once I'm past the shy stage.