Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:Delivered to some of Katya's coworkers, who were using a conference room and some expensive projection equipment in order to watch "Inception" and eat pizza. This apparently qualifies as work. Well played, Lee Library, well played.
Which conference room?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Marduk wrote:Saw Tally today. I don't think she recognized me. (It was about 1:45 on the second floor of the Wilk, for reference.)
I wasn't exactly in a great mood after finding out I didn't get the job and I was pretty much avoiding looking at anybody.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Katya: 3800ish. Somewhere in there.

Tally: I wasn't offended. I just assumed you didn't recognize me.

15% is about average, nationally. My tips around the Provo area are about 7%. My tips on campus are around 3%.
Deus ab veritas
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Marduk wrote:Tally: I wasn't offended. I just assumed you didn't recognize me.
Nah, if I'd seen you, I would've recognized you. I really was avoiding looking at everyone...I was afraid of seeing someone I knew and would have to explain myself to =P
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

aww, Tally, that sounds so disappointing. Rejection always hurts :-(.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Yeah, I didn't expect it to hit as bad as I did...I'm much better now--not caught up in the emotions of the situation--but, honestly, it was still hard at the time.

Also, I'm staying at my roommate's house for conference and I love her parents. They have Fun Dip for us. And peanut butter M&Ms! And HAPPINESS!
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Tally, sorry about the one job! But congrats about the other. :) Spring and summer in Provo are a lot of fun. I actually never went back home my whole BYU career because I liked the summers here so much.

And Marduk, I remember one time as a student I had to be in charge of using the department credit card to pay for some pizzas being delivered. They are so crazy strict about those cards that I had no idea I was allowed to tip. So I didn't. And then I got in trouble later when my boss asked why there was no tip. Everybody loses. :cry:

And just to be random, we're waiting on hearing if our offer on a house was accepted or not. And they're supposed to let us know this morning. But we all know "morning" on General Conference Saturday lasts right up until the afternoon session starts. sigh. I'm trying to distract myself by guessing where the new temples will be. Or which topics will be brought up most.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

getting a house is exciting! well, it can be. Are you relocating and/or moving somewhere larger?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Someone just tried to convince me to send them my bank information so they could buy something from my shop. I said no. Then they sent me a message full of sass. The end.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

That was really stupid on their part. I'm sorry you got sass from the idiot trying to scam you. At least you didn't have to sell them anything! .....maybe they were drunk... :-P
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Whistler wrote:getting a house is exciting! well, it can be. Are you relocating and/or moving somewhere larger?
Thanks! It is exciting (now that they've accepted the offer, anyway) :) We're doing both. It's our first house, in Spanish Fork. I feel like someone on here lives down that way, but I don't remember who. Maybe it was you, Whistler?
Anyway, I'm excited. I drove around the area yesterday and found the big Lotus Temple where they do the festival of colors. It's really pretty.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yep, I live out in Spanish Fork, on the east side by the windmills. It's only 20 minutes away from Provo but sometimes it feels a lot farther.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

"The nonprofit Brain Preservation Foundation (BPF) hereby officially announces a cash prize for the first individual or team to rigorously demonstrate a surgical technique capable of inexpensively and completely preserving an entire human brain for long-term (>100 years) storage with such fidelity that the structure of every neuronal process and every synaptic connection remains intact and traceable using today’s electron microscopic (EM) imaging techniques."

http://www.brainpreservation.org/conten ... logy-prize

They're developing technology to physically recreate brains. So they also need technology to exactly preserve brains, for copying after death.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

So my soon-to-be mother-in-law is having her (small town) newspaper run an engagement announcement and wants to know how she should identify my parents. The dad part is easy, but what about the dead mom or the chronically annoying step-mom?
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I would say Mr. and Mrs. (dad's name) and the late (mom's name) are pleased to announce yadda yadda yadda. There are some examples here: http://www.bridalguide.com/etiquette/br ... ed-parents
Portia

Post by Portia »

Got recruited for a job today. It pays decent, it's local, it uses my foreign language . . . but the hours are absurd at 1 to 10 AM. My ideal sleep hours!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

is this on top of your test-prep tutoring or replacing it?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Whistler wrote:is this on top of your test-prep tutoring or replacing it?
This is in concert with my "real job" hunt. And no way I'm taking the swing shift. But I was a little excited to be recruited.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

DUDE. I JUST I'M BOARDED INTO THIS ONE AND THEN CLICKED I'M BOARD AGAIN, AND IT TOOK ME TO THIS ONE. THE CHANCES OF THAT ARE 1/71971. HOW BIZARRE.

Please return to your regularly scheduled activities.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm in your posts, editing your htmls