Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by C is for »

I just won tickets to Hale Centre Theatre! I'm pretty excited. In a bittersweet way, because I already sort of had plans that night, but ... a play! Yay!
Portia

Post by Portia »

thatonemom wrote:It bugs me that when I have a strong opinion on something, some (dumb) people make comments about how it must be hormonal, or PMS or whatever. I should probably just shake my head and walk away, but I usually don't.
Are you a more or less assertive person in regular situations?
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Honestly? When I know I'm right (or am fairly confident I am), I'm pretty darn assertive. The issue came up with people who don't know me, with this house we're trying to buy. It was kind of like this post from Feminist Mormon Housewives, but with a house instead of a car. It just really bothered me that my strong opinion/concern was kind of like a nuisance. (You're over-reacting, bad timing? maybe you just need a day or two to cool off, there there). But if my husband had been the one with the problem, it would have been a concern that needed to be addressed. Grr

I'd say I'm over it, but I'm actually still quite pissed.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I was looking at the nutritional data on the side of the box of my one-year-old's food and thought it funny that it still said, like all other nutritional data I've seen, "Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet."
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I've wondered about that myself.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

If any linguistics people (like Katya or Mico [and I know there's others]) want to help me with a project, you're totally welcome to! As much or as little commitment as you'd like to put into it :D
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tally M. wrote:If any linguistics people (like Katya or Mico [and I know there's others]) want to help me with a project, you're totally welcome to! As much or as little commitment as you'd like to put into it :D
Well, you've piqued my interest at least. :)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Katya wrote:
Tally M. wrote:If any linguistics people (like Katya or Mico [and I know there's others]) want to help me with a project, you're totally welcome to! As much or as little commitment as you'd like to put into it :D
It's that argument against Bill Bryson's book I've been working on. If anyone's willing to help with source collection, I'd be happy to have the help :)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:
Katya wrote:
It's that argument against Bill Bryson's book I've been working on. If anyone's willing to help with source collection, I'd be happy to have the help :)
A brief history of everything, good sir??
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:
Nah, "The Mother Tongue"
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

thatonemom wrote:Honestly? When I know I'm right (or am fairly confident I am), I'm pretty darn assertive. The issue came up with people who don't know me, with this house we're trying to buy. It was kind of like this post from Feminist Mormon Housewives, but with a house instead of a car. It just really bothered me that my strong opinion/concern was kind of like a nuisance. (You're over-reacting, bad timing? maybe you just need a day or two to cool off, there there). But if my husband had been the one with the problem, it would have been a concern that needed to be addressed. Grr

I'd say I'm over it, but I'm actually still quite pissed.
UGH VICARIOUS RAGE >:-{ <-- this is my angry face
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:
Portia wrote:
Nah, "The Mother Tongue"
I know. :P
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Went to bed with a headache. Got up from bed, threw up from said headache. Went back to bed with a headache. Woke up at 4 am with a headache. It's now 8 am, I still have a slight headache, and I have work in 2 hours.

I *hate* headaches.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I'm so sorry, Tally. I hope you feel somewhat better today. *hug*
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Eww. I just heard about the newest "save money" craze. Reusable toilet paper. That's just gross.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tally M. wrote:Went to bed with a headache. Got up from bed, threw up from said headache. Went back to bed with a headache. Woke up at 4 am with a headache. It's now 8 am, I still have a slight headache, and I have work in 2 hours.

I *hate* headaches.
Aww, hugs for Tally. :(
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Squirrel wrote:I'm so sorry, Tally. I hope you feel somewhat better today. *hug*
Katya wrote:Aww, hugs for Tally.
Thanks, you guys :) I finally ended up taking some Excedrin after eating today and it seems to have mostly gone away. I wish I didn't have to keep taking drugs for them, but I haven't found anything else that works.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Sometimes I read my high school boyfriend's Facebook (usually I ignore it) just to see what he's up to, and when I read his status updates/opinions on politics I am reminded that we would not have worked together after his mission. Definitely. DEFINITELY.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

mic0 wrote:Sometimes I read my high school boyfriend's Facebook (usually I ignore it) just to see what he's up to, and when I read his status updates/opinions on politics I am reminded that we would not have worked together after his mission. Definitely. DEFINITELY.
The guy who I recently broke up with still has his stuff show up on my news feed. And I'm in the same boat :P
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Haha, yup, it's kind of heartening, right? :D