Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Emiliana »

So, we just found out that our next-door neighbors have serious black mold in their apartment. This is scary and we're wondering if it could be the culprit behind my increased respiratory problems and Marx's rapidly declining mental health over the past few months. (Did you know that black mold is a neurotoxin? Scary stuff.) Needless to say, we're going to try to get the county health out here in the next 24 hours to investigate our apartment and might be moving out SOON. Like next week sort of soon.

In other news, the steroids are currently winning out over the hydrocodone cough syrup and I am wide awake and kind of manic.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Tonight's the Gallery Stroll in downtown Provo. It's free (even the snacks). Plus my husband has a piece at the gallery in the County Building.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:(If any of you know of people who are fascinated by Kickstarter projects, let me know... I'm sure Marduk and Random would appreciate me having someone else to talk to about them!)
I love talking about them! :-D
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

mic0 wrote:Sooo, some of you knit/crochet. Are any of you on ravelry? I would love to have more people I know on there to stalk. :) And plus then you can see pics of my awkward socks!
I'm on there! But I admit that I've never really bothered getting to know my way around the site; I mostly just use it to find patterns and keep a list of cool ones. Can you have "friends" on ravelry? If so, my username is my first initial and my (maiden) last name.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Whistler wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:(If any of you know of people who are fascinated by Kickstarter projects, let me know... I'm sure Marduk and Random would appreciate me having someone else to talk to about them!)
I love talking about them! :-D
Maybe I'll just start talking to you, then. Don't be surprised if you start getting messages from me with a link and a paragraph with lots of exclamation points. : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Eirene wrote:
I'm on there! But I admit that I've never really bothered getting to know my way around the site; I mostly just use it to find patterns and keep a list of cool ones. Can you have "friends" on ravelry? If so, my username is my first initial and my (maiden) last name.
Hah, ok I will find you when I get home. :) the friends feature doesn't do much, just makes it easier to see what friends are up to.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

mic0 wrote:Sooo, some of you knit/crochet. Are any of you on ravelry? I would love to have more people I know on there to stalk. :) And plus then you can see pics of my awkward socks!
I'm there (katya0133), but I don't put pictures up (mainly because I don't own a camera).
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Katya wrote:I'm there (katya0133), but I don't put pictures up (mainly because I don't own a camera).
Not even a cell phone with a camera?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Laser Jock wrote:
Katya wrote:I'm there (katya0133), but I don't put pictures up (mainly because I don't own a camera).
Not even a cell phone with a camera?
I have an ancient cell phone (not even a smart phone) with a tiny camera, but no way to get the pictures to any other device. So, I wouldn't say that it counts. :)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Well, I found both of you. :)

Anybody else go to Free Comic Book Day today? I went with some friends and Mr. Mico. It was a lot of fun. :)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

So, I have 9 coworkers--two are girls (one's engaged, the other doesn't really hang out with us) and the rest are guys. I was hanging out with them pretty much all day today, and they ended up introducing me to Age of Empires. Quite a dangerous idea...I'm hoping I have the self control to drag myself away.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

For me Civilization is where it's at. I've been playing ridiculous amounts of it lately, mainly by fudging what "work hours" means.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Which age of empires, Tally?
Deus ab veritas
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm not entirely sure =P 2?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I think I might have made a friend in my ward! (She is old and single like me and now we are going to be besties.)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

hooray! church is much more enjoyable with a friend
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

YOU GUYS! Vice grips are basically the best tool ever. EVER! They're inanimate proof that God loves us. For reals. Today two of them made a three person construction job into a one person job! I probably wouldn't have discovered this if I didn't have an aversion to asking people for help, though... (and thus we learn that Randoms are really excitable people)
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Digit

Post by Digit »

This is one of my favorite tools.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

My aunt has something like that for her jewelry making! I'm sure it's awfully handy for her, but I don't know what I would use it for...
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

You guys - the AP Calculus test is TODAY. My students are in there taking the test right. now. I am so excited, but also so nervous.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead