Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Tally M.

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Tally M. »

I always forget to not do something fancy with my fingernail polish after I've already done it on my left hand. By the time I get to my right hand, I realize my righthandedness is going to make it look awful.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

The problem with being able to empathize with many people is that means I have to go through all the bad stuff myself first.

Oh my goodness my number of things going wrong right now is absolutely comical.

Really hope I can someday use this experience to help someone else out...
Portia

Post by Portia »

One of the most epic sports plays I have ever seen ... #1 Alabama tried kicking into their goalpost, then the Auburn player (with, I swear, 0:00 on the clock) just ran the whole darn 100 yards to win the game. Wow.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Katya wrote:In the last week, I have had 4 friends or family members announce pregnancies, 3 of whom are expecting a first child and (a different) 3 of whom are expecting after a period of infertility. My knitting needles will be busy!
oh, yeah, I know I mentioned this on FB, but I'm pregnant :-). I think I'm due around the same time as DL, at the beginning of June.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Yay! Congrats! I know this has been a long time coming for y'all. :) How are you feeling?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Happy day! Congrats! You should all name your children after me!
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Happy day! Congrats! You should all name your children after me!
Fortunately he has many names so this is fairly doable ;)
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Emiliana wrote:Yay! Congrats! I know this has been a long time coming for y'all. :) How are you feeling?
I'm almost to my 2nd trimester, so I think the worst of the morning sickness is over, but I still feel nauseated in the mornings and evenings (although getting 11 hours of sleep seems to make it a little better). I think my chances of miscarriage are below 5% now, so that's somewhat comforting, although that's still a pretty big chance.
Portia

Post by Portia »

This cafe is playing "Wild World" by the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens. I think Tea for the Tillerman is one of the best all-around albums ever recorded.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I went to China with a girl named Kat Stevens.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dragon Lady wrote:I went to China with a girl named Kat Stevens.
This is so awesome on so many levels. !!!
Portia

Post by Portia »

Whistler wrote:
Emiliana wrote:Yay! Congrats! I know this has been a long time coming for y'all. :) How are you feeling?
I'm almost to my 2nd trimester, so I think the worst of the morning sickness is over, but I still feel nauseated in the mornings and evenings (although getting 11 hours of sleep seems to make it a little better). I think my chances of miscarriage are below 5% now, so that's somewhat comforting, although that's still a pretty big chance.
Stay well-rested. I'm sending good vibes your way!
Portia

Post by Portia »

I fly out this evening, have the wedding Thursday, two interviews Friday, then Park City over the weekend. And I advanced to the next round in a writing competition. This calls for some Cafe Rio.
Digit

Post by Digit »

It's kind of awkward walking into Walmart and seeing a big F6 poster of Paul Walker's face advertising a movie glamorizing speeding.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Portia wrote:I fly out this evening, have the wedding Thursday, two interviews Friday, then Park City over the weekend. And I advanced to the next round in a writing competition. This calls for some Cafe Rio.
Good luck on all parts! And have fun. :)
Portia

Post by Portia »

This is a really good Aztec drawing. I think they did a good job of capturing expressions.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

My laptop crashed again. Send it happy thoughts? (Mostly so I don't have to camp out in the library to finish my homework.)
Violet

Post by Violet »

I may be taking French 121 next semester from one of my favorite BYU professors. If I do, it will also be the first time I have to pay tuition. I'm not sure I'm as excited about that.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I had to work today, which normally wpuldn't be a problem, except for who I had to work with. She just drains me. I'm not even sure what it is, since she's not actually mean to me. She doesn't talk too much.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Tally M. wrote:My laptop crashed again. Send it happy thoughts? (Mostly so I don't have to camp out in the library to finish my homework.)
My computer died right before finals one year, so I had to write my papers in the library, and the K on the computer's keyboard stuck, which was sucky because I was writing a paper on the movie Emma and had to type Knightley a lot.