Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'd just stop wearing panties. Works for me every time.

ETA: I debated editing or deleting this now that it's on the top of the page, but... nah.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Digit

Post by Digit »

The first video on YouTube. 10 years ago today.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I'd just stop wearing panties.
Ha! I wear too many dresses for that to be feasible. Good thing I've never gotten a yeast infection. (Knock on wood.)
Digit

Post by Digit »

Ha. Type "atari breakout" without the quotes in google images.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

^If you beat the first level, it does it with randomly selected images, which is really cool.
Deus ab veritas
Portia

Post by Portia »

Why would your roommates affect your dating life? The closest I've ever come to experiencing this is when I impersonated my roommate (#fail #why #freshmen) on a date she didn't want to take and ended up with a boyfriend. (LOL)

I'd say, "your opinions on whom I pursue romantically are none of your concern, Mademoiselle," and then never speak again. Aggressive-aggressive, if you will.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Cub Scouts get to go to day camp for a week in the summer, but Activity Day girls don't really get to do anything, so I asked my bishop if I could host a day camp for our AD girls and he said absolutely, so now I get to plan an awesome day camp!
Digit

Post by Digit »

I was reading something about the often massive difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition costs at most universities. It reminded me of when I, as a Washington state resident at the time, went to a university in Illinois for my first year of college. Somehow I heard that after three months I could go to the DMV and, showing my proof of residence at the dormitory on campus, trade my WA license for an IL license. I got the IL license and then went to the financial office on campus, showed them my license, filled out some forms, and actually got my tuition knocked down on the spot.

Most states make you prove you've been there for at least a year. I don't know if I luckily slipped through the cracks, but it was great.

Then when I eventually went back to WA, I went to the DMV and told them I lost my license and got a replacement :) I probably still have the long-since expired IL license somewhere.

Here's to states not talking to each other!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Genuine Article wrote:Cub Scouts get to go to day camp for a week in the summer, but Activity Day girls don't really get to do anything, so I asked my bishop if I could host a day camp for our AD girls and he said absolutely, so now I get to plan an awesome day camp!
Awesome! What kinds of activities are you planning? Do you need any help?
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Whistler wrote:
Genuine Article wrote:Cub Scouts get to go to day camp for a week in the summer, but Activity Day girls don't really get to do anything, so I asked my bishop if I could host a day camp for our AD girls and he said absolutely, so now I get to plan an awesome day camp!
Awesome! What kinds of activities are you planning? Do you need any help?
I'll probably have one or two volunteers helping out each day, and we'll do most of the stuff they do at Cub Scout camp. So, building fires, tying knots, using a compass, crafts, field sports, songs and skits, first aid, a nature scavenger hunt, using basic hand tools, campfire cooking, and there's a woman in the ward who does archery, so she might come and teach that one of the days.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

That's awesome. I love camping. When my mom became YW president, some of the YW were rather shocked that we were cooking EVERYTHING over a fire, sleeping in tents, and not showering the whole time, hahaha.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

awesome! I still have fond memories of doing archery at girl's camp.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I used to work at a Boy Scout camp and my cousin worked at a Cub Scout Camp nearby, so if you need ideas for any songs, skits, or camp cheers, let me know :)
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Portia

Post by Portia »

Guys I'm ridiculously excited about this wedding gift I got for Zed. (#1stboardwedding!). Also this little cousin of hers or M's is cute - and polite!
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I'm the only one with little cousins. They're adorable.
Portia

Post by Portia »

When I first read this, I totally read "classic narcissism" as one of the traits she had and wanted in her future spouse. I was like, waiiiiit ... did I ask this question?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Brilliant title, brilliant post, brilliant everything.

Hats off, once again, to Mr. Eric D. Snider.

http://www.ericdsnider.com/snide/bake-me-to-church/
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I liked Bake Me to Church, it was really well written, but I was also hoping that some of it would be written so it could be sung to the song Take Me to Church.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

"Regardless of whether we Christians have the RIGHT to refuse service to gay customers, why would we WANT to? Where in Christianity are we getting that idea?"

Brilliant
Digit

Post by Digit »

I handed my daughter our iPad after going to this site that emulates Mac OS System 7 (early 90's) and she said "What did you do? It's old!"