Random 3.0

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Or not. But yeah, you all have fun at your party. Let me know if anyone does anything stupid.

Example: A kid I know, who has the name of a Book of Mormon hero, whose brother dated my cousin, (Did you figure out who it is yet, Craig?), who has an absolutely awesome voice, and an equal if not more astonishing range (think B two octaves and a 1/2 step below middle C, to being able to belt an A above middle C (I know, belting is bad, but it was musical theater and that's what you do.)), was at the cast party for said musical. There was a karaoke machine. This odd boy, read odd, like REALLY WEIRD, got up, picked out a CD, and put it in the player. We're all wondering what song he was about to do. He gets up there and sings: "Man! I feel like a woman!" This was super bass boy, with an amazing voice. It was absolutely hilarious.

Basically, if it was a newspaper headline: Super Bass sings "Man, I feel like a woman" at Karaoke party with many friends in attendance.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

In case anyone wants to know, I finally wrote that post I was talking about earlier. Also, I'm thinking of doing some book review in my blog. Anyone have any suggestions/advice/thoughts/disparaging remarks/questions about my sanity?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Or not. But yeah, you all have fun at your party. Let me know if anyone does anything stupid.

Example: A kid I know, who has the name of a Book of Mormon hero, whose brother dated my cousin, (Did you figure out who it is yet, Craig?), who has an absolutely awesome voice, and an equal if not more astonishing range (think B two octaves and a 1/2 step below middle C, to being able to belt an A above middle C (I know, belting is bad, but it was musical theater and that's what you do.)), was at the cast party for said musical. There was a karaoke machine. This odd boy, read odd, like REALLY WEIRD, got up, picked out a CD, and put it in the player. We're all wondering what song he was about to do. He gets up there and sings: "Man! I feel like a woman!" This was super bass boy, with an amazing voice. It was absolutely hilarious.

Basically, if it was a newspaper headline: Super Bass sings "Man, I feel like a woman" at Karaoke party with many friends in attendance.
belting is only bad if you do it wrong.
beautiful, dirty, rich
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

Dear Imogen,

How should your name be pronounced?

A Mom
Giovanni Schwartz

Imogen wrote:belting is only bad if you do it wrong.
It's still not good, even if you do it right. This is from our choir teacher. Although he may be a high school teacher, he's good enough to get us invited to Austria next summer for ten days, where we will be the only high school choir, and only one of a few non-professional (read: college) choirs for the 200th (I think) anniversary of Haydn's death. The rest are all semi-professional choirs. We'll be singing in some of the greatest concert halls in the world.

I'm pretty excited, in case you couldn't tell.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

A Mom, but not yours wrote:Dear Imogen,

How should your name be pronounced?

A Mom
ih-mo-jen. she's the lead female character in shakespeare's play cymbeline. i used a monologue of hers in my advanced acting class. it's also an amaaaaazing singer, imogen heap.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Giovanni Schwartz

Hi Avocado.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

All right, guys, no parties while I'm at the zoo today. Understand? No parties.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:All right, guys, no parties while I'm at the zoo today. Understand? No parties.
Oh, you ruin all our fun.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:All right, guys, no parties while I'm at the zoo today. Understand? No parties.
At least no parties Giovanni Schwartz can go to.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

I graduated yesterday. Now, on to the bar exam.
- Benvolio
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Congrats! Good luck. Do you have a job lined up?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Imogen wrote:belting is only bad if you do it wrong.
It's still not good, even if you do it right. This is from our choir teacher. Although he may be a high school teacher, he's good enough to get us invited to Austria next summer for ten days, where we will be the only high school choir, and only one of a few non-professional (read: college) choirs for the 200th (I think) anniversary of Haydn's death. The rest are all semi-professional choirs. We'll be singing in some of the greatest concert halls in the world.

I'm pretty excited, in case you couldn't tell.
that's awesome. but choral singing and broadway style/jazz singing are so different. done properly belting won't damage your voice.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

True belting is a little hard on the voice, but not many songs call for a true belt, especially the whole song. Most musical theater is sung in mix, which is easier on the voice and not as brassy and nasally sounding. If done correctly.
Giovanni Schwartz

Exactly. Those are my sentiments, and you covered it all. Yes, belting is something that you need in musical theater, no, you should not belt with choral music, but yes, it is okay on Broadway. But just so you know, this teacher was also the music director for our musical this year. And he understands that sometimes it's necessary, but it also isn't good to do all the time. When I belt, afterwards, my voice sounds nasty and my throat hurts.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Wow. Look. You didn't have a party. *is astonished*

Something funny, Giovanni - if I didn't know you were in Arizona, I would think you went to my high school. Your teacher sounds a lot a lot like Coach, and your choir sounds like it was as good as ours. Odd.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

But as we all know, bob, the Concert Choir is SO good
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

SWKT Parachuter wrote:But as we all know, bob, the Concert Choir is SO good
Indeed they are.

Whoever they are.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
SWKT Parachuter wrote:But as we all know, bob, the Concert Choir is SO good
Indeed they are.

Whoever they are.
And wherever they are.

and
bobtheenchantedone wrote:Wow. Look. You didn't have a party. *is astonished*
It's because of me not being on today. Had I been, Mr. P would have had someone to antagonize and things would spiral from there.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Wow. Look. You didn't have a party. *is astonished*

Something funny, Giovanni - if I didn't know you were in Arizona, I would think you went to my high school. Your teacher sounds a lot a lot like Coach, and your choir sounds like it was as good as ours. Odd.
You call your choir director COACH?!?!?!

...so cool...