'Nyms

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

'Nyms

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

So, do any of y'all have any alternate nyms you ask questions under besides the one you're registered here as? I'll start: I used to sign under the 'nym "Curiosity's Cat, now deceased."

If you don't want to, I guess you don't have to say what your alternate 'nym is, but it's fun if you do too.

P.S. I have more 'nyms than just my reader name and the on above, but I still ask questions as one of the other ones regularly.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

When I first first started asking questions, I was going to have several different variations of the same name: kokotheenchantedone, theenchantedladybug, stuff like that. And there is actually one question where I signed "theenchantedpenguinslave." But I was thinking about things, and then I read a question about how to choose a 'nym or 'nyms, and I decided that I wanted to be one of the known readers rather than one of the clever new-name-for-every-question readers.

I do, however, plan to change my 'nym if (WHEN!) I am accepted as a writer. : D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Apart from the variations of my nym, I have used nerdular nerdance a couple times, and discomfitted watch. I have one or two other nyms that I am trying out as well, but other than that, it has been random stuff.
Oh, and reviewing my questions, I asked one as Sam once, how odd.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I almost always ask using this 'nym. I think I might have asked a question or two under another 'nym, but it was so long ago that I don't really remember.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Ditto to what Fred said. I made up random things for questions early on, but once I picked The Answer is 42, I stuck with it. Unless there was a question I didn't want attached to me (or to fake me), in which case I made up yet another random name for that question only.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Fredjikrang wrote:I almost always ask using this 'nym. I think I might have asked a question or two under another 'nym, but it was so long ago that I don't really remember.
Didn't you use 'distracted' after the December Reader Party?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I've only ever used Unit of Energy. Well there was one question that was asked using a different 'nym, my roommate and I decided to use that 'nym as our 'nym when asking questions together.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Oh, Foreman knows of my identity regarding one of them, Praises unto the Foreman, is mine as well, so I see no point withholding that one.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Oh, Foreman knows of my identity regarding one of them, Praises unto the Foreman, is mine as well, so I see no point withholding that one.
Remember, it's only Foreman no the attached.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

xkcd *** wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Oh, Foreman knows of my identity regarding one of them, Praises unto the Foreman, is mine as well, so I see no point withholding that one.
...unless there is some joke that I am not getting, I am sure that both 44296 and 42598 both say the Foreman. Maybe there can be The Foreman awards in the future? Or a title? or a rad way to say his name?
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
xkcd *** wrote:
...unless there is some joke that I am not getting, I am sure that both 44296 and 42598 both say the Foreman. Maybe there can be The Foreman awards in the future? Or a title? or a rad way to say his name?
All I know is... this
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

If ever I were to rule the world and select a cabinet based on this thread, it would contain the following members:
xkcd: King of arbitrary nitpicking
Anti-Smart: King of painful non sequiturs and creepy writer-worship
bob: Queen of unlikely aspirations
Giovanni: Court Jester
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:If ever I were to rule the world and select a cabinet based on this thread, it would contain the following members:
Can a king be in a cabinet?
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

xkcd *** wrote:
SWKT Parachuter wrote:If ever I were to rule the world and select a cabinet based on this thread, it would contain the following members:
You're doing an excellent job so far, King of arbitrary nitpicking. Keep up the good work.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

If he is stuffed in he can.

And SWKT, you see the truth for what it is, you have seen my altars dedicated to writers, stained by the sacrifice of many a werf
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

xkcd *** wrote:
Dude, I'm a Queen. (Although I am rather indignant about what I am queen of.)
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

xkcd *** wrote:
All I know is... this
And I concede point to you. King's pawn to you.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Wait, based on this thread? Why am I court jester based on this thread?
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Though not on this thread (up until this very blessed moment), I want to be on your cabinet! I think I would make a great addition to your world domination based on my sheer awesomeness and the fact that I hate being in charge so I won't constantly be trying to over-throw you and gain power myself. Please consider my submission.

With admiration and devotion and other flatteries,

~Chilly
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Wait, based on this thread? Why am I court jester based on this thread?
Maybe because you have a giant turtle (that looks like he's been eating special jellyfish) as your profile picture.