Answers I liked

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

mic0

Re: Answers I liked

Post by mic0 »

Holy moly! Okay, I think we now have more than enough psychology readings. :D Which is great. I'm in a psychology class this semester (my first one ever) and it's great.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I actually drafted a very similar question about ... a year ago? Because I really wanted to keep up a little bit on biology stuff but I hate technical papers and thought a blog might be about my level. But I decided that I could Google it myself. (And didn't find anything. It's a tough world.)

And then I lost interest in the idea, so I never did ask the question. Thanks Mico!
Art Vandelay

Post by Art Vandelay »

Well, looks like I picked the wrong day yesterday to not lurk the BoardBoard. Here are a smattering of thoughts for everyone:

-What if that isn't a real llama?! There is a good chance I may have been catfished. Or, more accurately, babyllamafished.
-There was indeed a real app back when someone first asked for one (complete with random pop culture stuff like Mico remembered). I took it down almost a year ago when I started dating someone and forgot about it.
-I went through a fake breakup earlier this month. You know the thing where you start seeing someone consistently for weeks and weeks and you get to that point where you either start dating seriously or the girl just decides to end it all over a text message.
-I haven't so much been fishing for a request for a dating app as I was 1) referencing Demetri Martin and 2) felt like someone needed to make fun of me for being the only writer to own up to watching Power Rangers.

And there you have it.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

There's nothing wrong with watching Power Rangers. That was like, my favorite show as a kid. I remember being grounded from TV once, but then repeatedly walking through the living room in order to peek while my brother watched it without me.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I actually have the old shame of only watching the later series of Power Rangers. I think I've seen all of Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder and I have passing familiarity of three of the next four series. The closest I came to watching the original was the recap episode in Dino Thunder of all the previous seasons. Which they skipped the last time I saw it on TV... (goes back to closet to hide)
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Giovanni Schwartz

Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

This question is stupid, but the answers are fabulous.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I really appreciated Zed and MSJ's gluten free info in http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/70681/ New places for me to eat!

Also, did anyone else wonder if the girl he asked out wrote http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/70700/ :)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I think it'd be super funny if it was. Part of me kind of hopes that it's the case.
Portia

Post by Portia »

dating nerds one. I wasn't harassed but I am less odd than I was in high school. If you're interested in nerdy guys, I think an interest in board games, sci-fi/fantasy, and indie music (why? I don't know) helps. I'd say they tend to be more blunt than your average bro, so don't play games. (I'd put too-subtle flirting in that category.)

Nerds also tend to be devoted to their area of interest, so superficiality and inauthenticity probably won't go over well. No one cares if you're bourgeoise or not in college. Trust, the rich boys who tormented you are not the ones you're interested in now.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/70563/

Props to GA for a solid and succinct explanation of the linguistics involved. (Where's my seal when I need it?)
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

https://theboard.byu.edu/questions/70269/

Props again to Genuine. I know that took a dang lot of work. I logged in specifically to thumbs it up.

Also, Katya, I often appropriate the "that's why no man will ever love you" phrase of yours. I hope you don't mind. And if you DO mind, well, you know.
Giovanni Schwartz

uffish, I love you. And I came out of facebook/boardboard/google reader fast to specifically say that I loved that answer.

I tried to thumbs up it more than once. I wish I could.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I really did love that answer. Probably one of my favorites so far...
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Whoa, that was long and great. :) I especially love seeing what diverse paths Board writers have taken in life. And at first I thought it said Claudio had an 8 year old daughter, which seemed off, but I guess it's not inconceivable.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

UffishThought wrote:Also, Katya, I often appropriate the "that's why no man will ever love you" phrase of yours. I hope you don't mind. And if you DO mind, well, you know.
On the contrary, I consider it an honor. :)
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

My goodness that answer made me happy. Wow.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Oh, I keep in touch with Tao a little. He got married and is going to school still I think?
Giovanni Schwartz

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. — Shepherd Book"

This Question.

That's how bad it is.