"No posts exist for this topic"

Confused about your account? Registration problems? Post here.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

"No posts exist for this topic"

Post by Laser Jock »

I've been getting the message "No posts exist for this topic" fairly often lately with certain topics when I try to go to a page other than the first one. Doing a little searching for solutions, I found this post and this one. Would one of the admins be able to look into this error?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Hey, cool! We have yet to have found any kind of solution or anything ourselves. We'll look into that. Thanks.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm not sure if that will help, because it's not a deleted user/post issue, it's when posting goes down and everyone tries over and over again to post their reply, it backs up, and I've not found a way to get rid of those nonexistent posts.

Maybe I can look smarter, though. (As opposed to looking harder, you know.)
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Hm, I found a mod for phpBB version 2 that apparently would fix this, but I imagine we're on phpBB3. (I could easily be wrong, though; admins, which is it?)

(This was linked from a couple of different places where people were having the same basic problem we are: the number of actual posts in a thread doesn't match up with the number phpBB thinks is there.)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I haven't noticed this for a while. Did informe fix their servers or something preventing us from timing out?
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I haven't noticed this for a while. Did informe fix their servers or something preventing us from timing out?
Yeah, I assume they fixed whatever was wrong, though of course the topics that showed that message still do (due to phantom messages boosting the post count).