57390--my question today (what's your favorite verb?)

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

57390--my question today (what's your favorite verb?)

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Foreman didn't answer my question. *pouts*
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Should've picked a more on-the-ball writer.

My favorite action verb is "verb".

I love to verb words.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

I think my favorite verb is bacon.
Giovanni Schwartz

...how is that a verb?
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I think I need to bacon up this ice cream!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

NerdGirl wrote:I think I need to bacon up this ice cream!
Like.
Giovanni Schwartz

NerdGirl wrote:I think I need to bacon up this ice cream!
Claudio would disagree.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

As would anyone with any sense.
Deus ab veritas
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Uffish once borrowed my ice cream maker to make bacon ice cream. She said it was awful.

Also, anything is a verb if you use it as one. In this case, "to bacon" can be defined as "to apply bacon; usually implies a liberal application."
Giovanni Schwartz

ahem. wrote:Uffish once borrowed my ice cream maker to make bacon ice cream. She said it was awful.

Also, anything is a verb if you use it as one. In this case, "to bacon" can be defined as "to apply bacon; usually implies a liberal application."
I believe that led to an epic board question. Thank you for your contribution.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

C is for wrote:Should've picked a more on-the-ball writer.
Hey, careful now! Foreman is a pal!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Gimgimno wrote:
C is for wrote:Should've picked a more on-the-ball writer.
Hey, careful now! Foreman is a pal!
I was waiting for someone to jump all over me for saying that.

I was more commenting on how addressing one writer in particular in that way is a lottery and you can never know who's having a busy week, especially if you just chose him randomly. Gio couldn't have known that Foreman wasn't the ideal choice that day.

I should've said that instead?
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

I'll just go on a limb and say that requesting an answer from Foreman really is a crap toss because the man always has busy weeks...because he has a lady friend. If you're going to request an answer from somebody in particular, pick one of the unmarried writers that's separate and single and you'll have better luck.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and Gio, I tried to help you out with getting him to answer by baiting him with a Tetris verb, but he didn't take me up on it. One day we'll battle and it'll be epic and awesome (or my weakness of requiring tetrises will make me lose in his style of battle).
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

Yeah...sorry about that. The trouble with that question is that I had to wait until all the people who were going to answer it had answered it, then sneak in right before it would have posted. This happened to coincide with one of my busier weeks (which are Legion; thanks, Gimpy), so I forgot this question even existed until the day after it went up.

I also figured that someone would keep it from posting until I got to it, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Next time, I promise, I will be... ON THE BALL.
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

This whole Gimpy thing better terminate itself before I have to mercilessly unleash my semiautomatic firearms at the dinner next week.

That, or the only words I will utter that entire dinner will be Mr. Freeze quotes from Batman and Robin.

(both threats are equally terrible)
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Gimgimno wrote:
That, or the only words I will utter that entire dinner will be Mr. Freeze quotes from Batman and Robin.
I prefer Ivy's lines; I use them all the time out of context.
Giovanni Schwartz

Foreman wrote:Yeah...sorry about that. The trouble with that question is that I had to wait until all the people who were going to answer it had answered it, then sneak in right before it would have posted. This happened to coincide with one of my busier weeks (which are Legion; thanks, Gimpy), so I forgot this question even existed until the day after it went up.

I also figured that someone would keep it from posting until I got to it, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Next time, I promise, I will be... ON THE BALL.

... you could still answer it here...
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Bacon as a verb is a Board thing. Apparently an old Board thing. It was during Optimistic.'s reign. In fact, he still gets bombarded with every bacon-based website anyone who knows this finds. Bacon roses? Bacon flavored baby formula? Bacon weave? Bacon ads? Bacon fest?

Basically it means kissing. Except… it wasn't usually used as a verb. It was more like, "I want your bacon."
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Gimgimno wrote:This whole Gimpy thing better terminate itself before I have to mercilessly unleash my semiautomatic firearms at the dinner next week.

(both threats are equally terrible)
I've found that I want to call you Gimmers. Is that acceptable? I'm really trying hard to use "Gimgimno" though.

Also, I thought the expression was "I want your ham." Did it become more Cosmopolitan and evolve to bacon?
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

See, whereas I see that name and think "gim - gimmi - nee" and automatically start singing "Chim - chimi- nee, chim - chimi - nee, chim chim cha ree, a sweep is as lucky as lucky can be . . ."