25%
other
6%

Total votes: 16

ahem.
Cute Shoes

bloggers vs tweeters

Post by ahem. »

Who gets more respect? Who needs more skills to be successful? Are they both equally ridiculous?

WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT FACTORS, HERE?!

Mostly I just wanted to do this poll.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Re: bloggers vs tweeters

Post by Unit of Energy »

Blogging and tweeting both have a wide range of quality. I would say that I'm a better blogger that tweeter, however to say something meaningful in a tweet takes far more skill than the unlimited words you have in a blog post.
FauxRaiden

Post by FauxRaiden »

I have to say that any time I think of someone that "tweets" I can't help but picture some internet writing style message with nothing interesting to say. "LOLZ I HAV A MUFFEN AND IT IS SOOOOOOO GUD."

Then again, I've never really used twitter.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

FauxRaiden wrote:I have to say that any time I think of someone that "tweets" I can't help but picture some internet writing style message with nothing interesting to say. "LOLZ I HAV A MUFFEN AND IT IS SOOOOOOO GUD."

Then again, I've never really used twitter.
Amen. This is exactly how I feel.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I mostly wanted to vote in the poll. I blog, I do not tweet. (My Facebook statuses did used to be works of art. Back when I still cared.) So bloggers are better.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

I've heard tweeting called 'micro blogging.' I think this depends on the blogger. Some are like "OMG! I just got a free thing of fries at Burger King!" But some are like "I think it is important for us all to consider the seriousness of obesity in America. Here is a link to a thing about this issue." Also, some are just funny. I would give an example, but I am not funny enough to come up with one.

I've heard people say it is super narcissistic to think anyone cares about what you're doing on such a minute level. But I don't think tweeting is that much different than blogging in that respect.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I think facebook statuses are in the same genre as tweeting.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Whistler wrote:I think facebook statuses are in the same genre as tweeting.
Agreed; that's why the closest I ever came to thinking Tweeting was cool was when I would work hard on my Facebook statuses. But I don't do that anymore. And since I'm the epitome of Cool and I blog and do not tweet (or similar)...

Okay, really I just wanted to click a button on the poll. We need to start having options for that. "I don't care, I just want to click the button."

I think Twitter is fun. But I'm not sure I've ever read anything life-changing on a Twitter feed.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

I prefer the medium that can carry more content. A meaningless blog post is no better than a meaningless tweet, but an interesting or meaningful blog post can tell me way more than a similar tweet.

Also, blog posts make it easier to carry on a conversation (via the comments). Looking at some random person's Twitter feed you only catch half of a conversation, and there's no good way (that I know of) to see the full thing. So unless you are one half of the conversation (and are following the other half), it's just annoying.

Also, I have to say that I laugh whenever someone who uses Twitter is referred to as a 'twit'. :) (Nothing against those of you here who use Twitter.)
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I've seriously have had conversations on twitter that have changed my life. That's the great thing about twitter - you read what someone reads, you reply and they can reply, too. Immediately. (I guess technically you can do this with blog comments, but it's different)

Right now my attention span is so short that I can't handle reading a full blog. But a tweet is so short, I can handle it.

And I like the fact that tweets can be about nothing in particular. I have a hard time blogging because I always feel like it needs to be at least a paragraph or two, and I don't have that much to say that doesn't turn into whining.

And, twitter makes me laugh. And it goes to my phone, so I don't need to be online. since I don't own a computer anymore, this is a plus.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise