July 12-17

Which 100HB response was your favorite today? A place to create polls and respond.

Favorite this Week.

Excellent Responses
43%
Israel-Palestine Conflict
14%
Horse or Mule
7%
Spice Personalities
29%
Other (please specify)
7%

Total votes: 14

C is for
um Administrator

July 12-17

Post by C is for »

Tao

Re: July 12-17

Post by Tao »

I must say, I was surprised and flattered to see my name appear with Claudio and Katya in Gimgimno's excellent response. I don't know how many months it was before I was even aware that the excellent response library existed. And while I did get the e-mails notifying me in the event of an excellent response, they tended to get buried in the notification of flagetted (non-publishable) responses.

And while that was toward the beginning of my tenure of writership, all that really changed by the end was the godsend of an editor we received. Still, it was a fun game to play: 'find the excellence!'

Getting an excellent response was always a nice surprise, and the library is an excellent way to catch glimpses of so many writer's hard work. (So many good 'uns from Laser Jock, habiba, Rating Pending, Foreman, Mico, ....) Ooo! and Humble Master, and Cognoscente, and yet another from Dragon Lady... OOooo!
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Is this a new thing? I mean, I've been reading for a few years now, and I'd never even heard of this "excellent response library" until that question posted.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Nah, it's been there a long time.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

It's just not very obvious. Like most everything on the Board. Don't worry, Board 5.0 is coming soon and this kind of stuff will be MUCH BETTER! YOU WILL LOVE IT! Promise. At least you'd better because Heartless Siren and I have been Board 5.0 widows for far too long for you not to love it.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

thebigcheese wrote:Is this a new thing? I mean, I've been reading for a few years now, and I'd never even heard of this "excellent response library" until that question posted.
It was created as an editor feature the last time the Board was in danger of being shut down. Basically, it was a list of questions that were really useful and well-researched that we could bring up at short notice without having to wade through "If you were a kind of peanut butter, what kind would you be?"-type questions.

Since then, the feature has stuck around as a kind of occasional "gold star" for the writers, but I don't know that it's ever been accessible from the reader side.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Just a side note: the link to the excellent response page doesn't work if you click on it from the Board App or if you aren't signed in. So Gimgimno was not entirely correct when he said all now have access to it.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

That's the part that made me laugh. Gimmy said "which you all have access to", so I clicked on the link and it said "you do not have access to this page." Guess I need to sign in more often.
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

Dude, I can't stand reading the Board without being logged in. I didn't think anybody did that anymore.

(I know that about 90% of readers do, but...seriously, guys? You don't use that search function? You don't ask questions? Like, really? Log in! Hot dang!)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Actually, Gimmy, I'm just not reading the Board at all.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

Tears are streaming down my face right now.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I read the board for like seven years before I even made an account. Of course, several of those years were back in the day before the board was even online.
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

NerdGirl wrote:I read the board for like seven years before I even made an account.
More tears are streaming down my face.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Your tears feed me.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Gross.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Marduk wrote:Your tears feed me.
May you find alternate sustenance or be forever anorexic, amen.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm sorry for being all on-topic, but someone voted Other and didn't specify. That makes me go from this :| to this :| and it's just not a pretty picture.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

C is for wrote:I'm sorry for being all on-topic, but someone voted Other and didn't specify. That makes me go from this :| to this :| and it's just not a pretty picture.
....Those are different?
Deus ab veritas
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

I'm just glad to see that anyone actually READ my Israel answer! (no, I didn't vote for it myself. yet?)
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

Foreman wrote:I'm just glad to see that anyone actually READ my Israel answer! (no, I didn't vote for it myself. yet?)
Don't worry, buddy! I skimmed it!

I mean read it!

Entirely!

Maybe!