Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

New Name for Dragon Baby

Post by Craig Jessop »

Choose a name.
Dragon Lady

Re: New Name for Dragon Baby

Post by Dragon Lady »

Bahahaha. This should be interesting. Uhh… remember that Yellow is half of her. So you could incorporate Yellow in the name. Unless that is to be saved for future boys...
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:Uhh… remember that Yellow is half of her. So you could incorporate Yellow in the name. Unless that is to be saved for future boys...
We could go with Lady & the Tramp genetics here, and assume that the girls take after you, entirely, while the boys take after Yellow, entirely. ;)

Also, I vote to stick with Dragon Baby.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Of course, didn't Dragon Baby have jaundice? I guess Yellow Baby would have been more appropriate, after all.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

How about this: "Her Royal Highness, Princess Yellow, Daughter of their Majesties Lord Yellow and Dragon Lady, Legends of the 100 Hour Board"?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Katya wrote:Of course, didn't Dragon Baby have jaundice? I guess Yellow Baby would have been more appropriate, after all.
LOL. True, true. So true.
Katya wrote:Also, I vote to stick with Dragon Baby.
That is a fine vote. But then you have to tell us what to name Dragon Baby 2.0 (who is still just a twinkle in my eye, not an actual entity as of yet). (And I'd rather not go with the 2.0 thing. Not only is it long, but I don't want to have to start calling my kids by numbers. Who, other than me (well, and Yellow), will remember which kid is which?)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Dead Cat wrote:How about this: "Her Royal Highness, Princess Yellow, Daughter of their Majesties Lord Yellow and Dragon Lady, Legends of the 100 Hour Board"?
Says Yellow, "HRHPYDMLYDYL1HB for short?"
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Dragon Lady wrote:
Dead Cat wrote:How about this: "Her Royal Highness, Princess Yellow, Daughter of their Majesties Lord Yellow and Dragon Lady, Legends of the 100 Hour Board"?
Says Yellow, "HRHPYDMLYDYL1HB for short?"
Yes. (Pronounced "Herph Item Lydial One Hub"...or Princess Yellow)
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

I also vote to keep Dragon Baby.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

thebigcheese wrote:I also vote to keep Dragon Baby.
I repeat:
Dragon Lady wrote:That is a fine vote. But then you have to tell us what to name Dragon Baby 2.0 (who is still just a twinkle in my eye, not an actual entity as of yet). (And I'd rather not go with the 2.0 thing. Not only is it long, but I don't want to have to start calling my kids by numbers. Who, other than me (well, and Yellow), will remember which kid is which?)
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Maybe Yellow Dragon? Then the next one can be Dragon Baby again.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

So when Dragon Baby is 6, I'll be calling her and the new baby (#3) Dragon Baby? You'll all be so confused when I get all excited that Dragon Baby finally starting to eat solid foods and loving 1st grade! (Oh yipes. Dragon Baby in 1st grade…)
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

You don't necessarily have to do numbers for the younger kids...maybe something like "Dragon Baby: Reloaded."
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

We may as well call her Dragon Toddler for now. She's nearly walking, after all. Then she can upgrade to Dragon Girl (your son can be Dragon Kid) and we'll work out the details of the rest of your children later. Dragon Baby is an awesome name...I personally don't see a problem continuing to call her that until we have reason to bestow the name on someone else (like a baby blanket). I seem to recall that Baby Prime upgraded to Toddler Prime when there was a new Baby Prime on the way. But maybe I'm imagining things.

Also, I think maybe I have a different impression of "twinkle in my eye" than other people? For me, it doesn't mean "I like imagining my future children and it gives me a twinkle in my eye." It means, er, "I'm feeling 'mischievous' and thinking about things that may or may not lead to conception of my next child." You know. That twinkly-eyed look.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

A) Are you thinking about Pa and Ma and Toddler and Baby Grape?

B) Hmmm… I just realized that I got the saying wrong. I was thinking my mom always said, "That was when you were just a twinkle in my eye." But now that I think on it, she always said, "That was before you were even a twinkle in my eye."

So, uh, I mean 2.0 isn't even a twinkle in my eye yet!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

And… uhh… now that sounds like Yellow and I don't want a 2.0. Which isn't true. Which…blerg… is getting way too personal. :)
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I'm thinking that the phrase "apple of my eye" has a place in this conversation, but I'm not sure where.

--Jasper Fforde
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I'm thinking that this whole conversation is cracking me up.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Wisteria wrote:I'm thinking that this whole conversation is cracking me up.
Agreed. :)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Oh, I figured it out. I was mixing up the evolution of ... Baby Grape? to Toddler Grape (I assume) and the evolution of Shrimposaurus to Female Fetus Prime. Gosh, kids grow so fast.