Down for a few hours

A place for the Admins to post announcements about upcoming events and changes in policy.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Down for a few hours

Post by Laser Jock »

Sorry about that, folks. I, um, forgot to pay our web host and they quite naturally took the site down until I did. Carry on. :)
Dragon Lady

Re: Down for a few hours

Post by Dragon Lady »

Laser Jock wrote:Sorry about that, folks. I, um, forgot to pay our web host and they quite naturally took the site down until I did. Carry on. :)
lol
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Laser Jock wrote:Sorry about that, folks. I, um, forgot to pay our web host and they quite naturally took the site down until I did. Carry on. :)
lol
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

lol
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Wow! Dragon Lady really found that funny! ;D

Thanks for taking care of us LJ!
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Wait, you're paying for this? I never knew that! Is it costly? Can we help with costs?
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Marduk wrote:Wait, you're paying for this? I never knew that! Is it costly? Can we help with costs?
I think we should be able to, but LJ so far hasn't listened to a word about it. A bake sale would cover it easily.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Woah. I have … no idea why that posted three times. LJ, I suppose, is just really funny.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Haha. I never said much because it's not terribly expensive...I just added up costs for the last 12 months, and it comes to around $27: $9.49 for the domain name, $5.72 for the storage, a little over $4 for the bandwidth, and $8 in other fees. Not going to bankrupt me anytime soon. :) I mean, if people want to chip in or something I guess they can...but it's not a big deal, and I'm happy keeping the forum up regardless.

Though, I did just fix an issue that was keeping pretty much any bots from crawling our site (this is why we didn't show up in Google, for instance), so those bandwidth numbers will change. It remains to be seen how much, though. I also may be moving to a new web host, which could be even a little cheaper, but if so the switch should be painless.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

LJ, you are a good person with a kind heart.
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

Haha, I actually had no idea that LJ was the sole supporter of the Board Board until I read this...$27 a year isn't especially expensive, so please, nobody feel obligated to do anything, but it sounded like a few of you wanted to help out. If you'd like to, but LJ is too nice to take your money, PM me and we'll work something out (since it's all going to the same bank account anyway).
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Eirene wrote:Haha, I actually had no idea that LJ was the sole supporter of the Board Board until I read this...$27 a year isn't especially expensive, so please, nobody feel obligated to do anything, but it sounded like a few of you wanted to help out. If you'd like to, but LJ is too nice to take your money, PM me and we'll work something out (since it's all going to the same bank account anyway).
Like. In so many ways.