I Dreamed a Dream

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dead Cat
Completed

I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Dead Cat »

Okay, since a lot of us seem to talk about cool/weird/awesome/epic/terrifying/you name it dreams, I thought I'd finally make a thread for just that. Since I haven't fallen asleep yet, someone else will probably go first.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Sparklebreeze

Re: I Dreamed a Dream

Post by Sparklebreeze »

I recently dreamed that I was walking along the beach picking up dozens of tiny washed-up dolphins and tossing them back to sea. (Think “Star Thrower,” by Joel Barker. It’s that “you can make a difference in the life of one starfish!!!!1!!11” story.) After saving all the dolphins in sight, I walked up to a group of cigar-smoking, poker-playing old local fisherman. They were lamenting the arrival of the dolphins, because it foreshadowed a shoreline full of hotels and tourists.

No idea what the dream meant, but I did wake up feeling even more cynical than usual.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I dreamed that Ronald Reagan told me I wasn't good at peeing. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I had a dream that I had been supposed to be at work at 11am, but then they changed their mind and I needed to be there at 8am, but it was already 10am and then they bought me lunch.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I was attending some kind of Sesame Street behind-the-scenes showcase and then we went back to our hotel and then I had to battle these witches/sorcerers who had infested one floor of the hotel.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

NerdGirl wrote:I dreamed that Ronald Reagan told me I wasn't good at peeing. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy.
One time I was talking to somebody about pee, and they said that girls pee "Reaganomics style."
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

krebscout wrote:
NerdGirl wrote:I dreamed that Ronald Reagan told me I wasn't good at peeing. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy.
One time I was talking to somebody about pee, and they said that girls pee "Reaganomics style."
Three bewildered seconds later, and this is the funniest thing I've heard all day.
Portia

Post by Portia »

My dream-choreography is insanely good and intense. There were several musical numbers. The last one was Lindsay Lohan attempting a career relaunch through a very, very kinky/dirty music video.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I dreamt I was back in high school and had the confidence to tell off jerks who were making fun of me.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Whistler, that sounds like a very fun dream! All my "back in high school dreams" are just pathetic. :P Good for you, dream-Whistler!
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I had a dream that I was serving a mission, but didn't know it until I'd been out four months and was washing dishes with my companion. At that moment looking over my memories I recognized that I had been on a mission and of course that was the reason I was where I was.

It was an odd dream.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

I once had a dream (a few weeks ago) wherein I was at some sort of amusement park on a lake. While lounging on the grass with my sister and her friends (none of whom I actually know, except for my sister) we noticed a bird with a sweater on in the sky. I thought that was a little odd. Then I noticed the bird with a sweater had a leash on. This leash was being held by a girl who was also in the sky. She said to me "We're not sure if he can actually fly." At this point I noticed she was holding onto a kite-type string in her other hand, which was attached to another girl's waist further up. This second girl was also holding a kite string which had an actual kite on the end (I think it was her, there might have been one more girl, though, it's a bit fuzzy). So, the kite was holding up both girls and the bird in a sweater. I wonder if that bird really could fly...
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I had a Legend of Korra dream last night. Korra was chasing Amon and something the bad guys did was observable on Mars, which Zuko and Sokka were trying to colonize. And Sokka was learning to waterbend. And I'm a couple episodes behind, so if my subconscious is right, don't tell me.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Man, you totally nailed that Mars thing! ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I dreamt that a baby spent too much time in the ocean and developed the consistency of a jellyfish, and then went on to be the princess of the ocean.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I was invited to the birthday party of Rudy Giuliani (only it was at a very small house, but that didn't seem odd at the time) and I had a good time and played with a bunch of kids, but then my car was stolen while I was there, because apparently some car thieves wanted to target the people who were friends with Rudy Giuliani. Anyway, I wasn't that worried about it. I couldn't quite get as far as "this is only a dream" but I kind just felt like it probably wasn't going to be a problem in the long term. And then I woke up and it wasn't. :)
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

I admit I totally had a Legend of Korra dream last night, too. (I couldn't help it, I was just SO excited for the season finale.) I dreamed that New Team Avatar + General Iroh kicked the Equalists' butts but Amon got away and they didn't reveal anything about him and then season 1 ended on a major cliff hanger with Korra simply saying she was going after Amon.

I'm thrilled to say that was just a dream and that's not at all what actually happened.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I had a dream a few nights ago where Yellow and I were washing a sheep to send it into the shearing building. Then later I went back to check on the sheep which turned out to be Dragon Baby and I was terrified to go in and find her shaved bald. But I also knew it had to happen, and I knew I didn't want to be there when it did, so when I went in and she still had all of her hair, I was both ecstatic and mad.

I am pleased to say that she still has her hair and we have no intention of even cutting it, let alone shaving it off.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I had a dream last night in which my dad and I were trying to figure out what had been eating our chickens, and by looking at a footprint in the mud we saw that it must have been a dinosaur. The dinosaur had apparently eaten my sister, too, which I viewed as a minor detail. I then dreamed that I woke up and decided to ask the Board what would happen to the world's ecosystems if dinosaurs were introduced as invasive species. Then I knelt down to pray, woke up for real in the middle of the prayer, decided that the prayer I had dreamed was sufficiently realistic to count as being valid, and finished it and got up.

So when you see a dinosaur question come up in 100 hours or so, you'll know why.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I dreamed that in order to vote in the Utah primaries, you had to go through the slot canyon Spooky.

What I did not dream was that my baby was in my bed. Usually I do, and I spend the next few minutes frantically patting the bed and overturning the sheets, so it was a welcome reprieve.