Age Change Impact on BYU Admissions/Class Size

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

wired

Age Change Impact on BYU Admissions/Class Size

Post by wired »

I have to be quick so I can't insert the question # (which I don't remember) or a link. If a mod wants to edit for me and put it in, I am open to that.

[EDIT: #69424 or #69283]

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55129 ... n.html.csp

The article doesn't talk about the impact on BYU, but it does say that applications have increased from 700/week to 4000/week since the announcement. Over a 3 week period, that's 9,900 more applications than typical. I am not sure how many of those are at BYU.But I have to assume some. The articles says slightly more than half are from female applicants. Big deal I'd say.
S.A.M.

Re: Age Change Impact on BYU Admissions/Class Size

Post by S.A.M. »

Impact on admission to the BYUs? It might be easier to get accepted this coming year than it has been for a while. Class sizes will still be the same. There are more than enough applicants every year to fill out the class. The average GPA/ACT scores may just be a bit lower than usual.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Age Change Impact on BYU Admissions/Class Size

Post by Katya »

S.A.M. wrote:Impact on admission to the BYUs? It might be easier to get accepted this coming year than it has been for a while. Class sizes will still be the same. There are more than enough applicants every year to fill out the class. The average GPA/ACT scores may just be a bit lower than usual.
But can they really afford to let in a bunch of new people when the other people are still going to be coming back at some point? There's going to be a bottleneck, somewhere.