Guilty Pleasure Songs #71211

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Talons

Guilty Pleasure Songs #71211

Post by Talons »

link

I like and am not embarrassed by "Hey Ya", most of GA's songs, or Relient K. I feel like I am embarrassed by some of the louder songs I listen to. Bands like System of a Down, Korn, and Disturbed rocked my world in high school, and I still get pumped when I hear one of their songs, but I'd never admit to liking them to my friends. Also Lady Gaga.
Last edited by Talons on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Guilty Pleasure Songs #71211

Post by Marduk »

I'd just like to point out that "We built this city" is a song by Starship, not Jefferson Starship. Also, I am not embarrassed by liking anything by Billy Joel. He's actually pretty darn talented, lyrically and instrumentally.

I have "guilty pleasure" songs, but only to an extent. They are bands/songs that I love, and I know that they are cheesy or not that talented, but I usually don't mind telling people I love them. This includes groups like Bread and America.
Deus ab veritas
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Bad Romance, and I am not ashamed.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Apparently I'm old enough not to realize what songs I'm supposed to be embarrassed by. I like most of the ones listed (that I knew, anyway). So I'll add another vote for Hey Ya and Call Me Maybe. And I know it got trashed in another answer recently, but I think We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is catchy.

And on a slightly related note, my first concert was Matchbox 20 and Sugar Ray. The opener was some little band no one had heard of called Maroon 5. yeah...
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Talons wrote:link

First of all, yayfulness, might I ask what Barbie songs are your favorite on that soundtrack?

I like and am not embarrassed by "Hey Ya", most of GA's songs, or Relient K. I feel like I am embarrassed by some of the louder songs I listen to. Bands like System of a Down, Korn, and Disturbed rocked my world in high school, and I still get pumped when I hear one of their songs, but I'd never admit to liking them to my friends. Also Lady Gaga.
I'm confused... yayfulness didn't mention anything about the Barbie soundtrack...
Talons

Post by Talons »

Squirrel wrote: I'm confused... yayfulness didn't mention anything about the Barbie soundtrack...
My computer must have been upside down when I was reading the question . . . let's pretend this never happened.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

:-) no worries i don't remember what we were talking about anyway. :-P

Can you come to the party, Talons?