Dads and piles of Nat Geos

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!

Does your dad have a pile of National Geographics?

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes: 15

Digit

Dads and piles of Nat Geos

Post by Digit »

Quite a few old guys with kids I've seen have a pile of yellow magazines in their garage in common. I am wondering what the average percentage of this survey will turn out to be.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Shrinky Dink

Re: Dads and piles of Nat Geos

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Does it count if we had a pile until I was about 15? I think we kept them around for school projects.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Shrinky Dink wrote:Does it count if we had a pile until I was about 15? I think we kept them around for school projects.
Our grandparents gave us a subscription for a couple of years, and we did the same thing--they were the only ones we had to cut pictures out of.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

my grandparents have copies. I remember for extra credit in one of my classes we could bring in photos from things like National Geographic... and we didn't have anything like that (we didn't live near my grandparents either). I printed out some pictures and my teacher was very unimpressed, but I remember thinking it was kind of unfair to assume everyone just has National Geographics lying around.
The Happy Medium

Post by The Happy Medium »

Piles doesn't even begin to cover what my dad has. He has approximately 500 in fancy covers taking up an entire shelf in my parent's basement. The idea of cutting a picture out of one makes me cringe just thinking about how my dad would react.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I think my grandparents did. My dad does not, but he does have piles of old Harper's magazines and mystery novels everywhere.
wryness

Post by wryness »

My dad used to have a gigantic pile of old Boy's Life (scouting) magazines. I got to read a serialized version of the "Tripods" trilogy from it, though! Plus plenty of "Dink and Duff" comics. :)