Park City

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Tally M.

Park City

Post by Tally M. »

I'm taking myself on a mini vacation to Park City next week. I've never been before, so I'm looking for affordable (preferably free) suggestions of things to do. I'll be there from Wednesday afternoon to Friday morning, and I'll be up there by myself.
Whistler

Re: Park City

Post by Whistler »

Oooooh, fun, I've thought of taking a little vacation to Park City sometime. It looks like there are lots of hiking trails: http://mountaintrails.org/trails/
Portia

Post by Portia »

I love Park City! You'll definitely want to (window) shop along Main Street: Dolly's Bookstore is great. If you want to splurge on one treat, everyone enjoys Java Cow ice cream (there's an attached coffee shop, hence the name). Food is expensive, so bring groceries if you don't want to eat out.

I love the galleries, and they're all free! Fatali is a favorite and must-see; on the same side of the street but up the hill is a more European-masters-type gallery called the Hope Gallery.

Definitely check out the homes on Park Ave. There are interesting things like Banksy art, a fence made of skis, and a Moose wearing hats.

I've never been to the miner museum but it looks really cool as well.

If you drive in through Guardsman Pass you get some amazing views, compared to I-80.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:I love Park City! You'll definitely want to (window) shop along Main Street: Dolly's Bookstore is great. If you want to splurge on one treat, everyone enjoys Java Cow ice cream (there's an attached coffee shop, hence the name). Food is expensive, so bring groceries if you don't want to eat out.

I love the galleries, and they're all free! Fatali is a favorite and must-see; on the same side of the street but up the hill is a more European-masters-type gallery called the Hope Gallery.

Definitely check out the homes on Park Ave. There are interesting things like Banksy art, a fence made of skis, and a Moose wearing hats.

If you drive in through Guardsman Pass you get some amazing views, compared to I-80.
Thanks for the tips! The place I'm staying has a kitchen, so I'll probably only eat out for one of the meals.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

If you bring your own bike, there are some great trails that you can ride. I second the window shopping as well. I personally like going to the Utah Olympic Park, unfortunately, the cheapest activity is about $10 (guided tour or unlimited scenic chair lift rides), but you could get a day pass for $65 which includes unlimited activities for a whole bunch of fun things including zip line, alpine slide, etc.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:
Portia wrote:I love Park City! You'll definitely want to (window) shop along Main Street: Dolly's Bookstore is great. If you want to splurge on one treat, everyone enjoys Java Cow ice cream (there's an attached coffee shop, hence the name). Food is expensive, so bring groceries if you don't want to eat out.

Thanks for the tips! The place I'm staying has a kitchen, so I'll probably only eat out for one of the meals.
That sounds good! It's definitely hit and miss with the restaurants. Yelp is your friend, of course, but mentally add another $.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Shrinky Dink wrote:If you bring your own bike, there are some great trails that you can ride. I second the window shopping as well. I personally like going to the Utah Olympic Park, unfortunately, the cheapest activity is about $10 (guided tour or unlimited scenic chair lift rides), but you could get a day pass for $65 which includes unlimited activities for a whole bunch of fun things including zip line, alpine slide, etc.
Ha. If I could shell out that much....

I've thought about bringing my own bike, but that would mean getting ahold of a bike rack and making sure my tire is pumped......which actually I should get around to doing anyways.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:
Shrinky Dink wrote:If you bring your own bike, there are some great trails that you can ride. I second the window shopping as well. I personally like going to the Utah Olympic Park, unfortunately, the cheapest activity is about $10 (guided tour or unlimited scenic chair lift rides), but you could get a day pass for $65 which includes unlimited activities for a whole bunch of fun things including zip line, alpine slide, etc.

I've thought about bringing my own bike, but that would mean getting ahold of a bike rack and making sure my tire is pumped......which actually I should get around to doing anyways.
My front is looking flat as well.

Where DO you get bike racks? Bike stores, or car stores?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:
Tally M. wrote:

My front is looking flat as well.

Where DO you get bike racks? Bike stores, or car stores?
I was just planning on borrowing one from someone in my ward. And bike stores. There's one by my complex. But I don't know if I'm ready to invest in one just yet.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Pumped up my tire at my complex (I LOVE LIVING HERE). I'll have to have The Man look at what would work best for his Subaru. And he needs to fix his bike ... from a crash three years ago ...
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:Pumped up my tire at my complex (I LOVE LIVING HERE). I'll have to have The Man look at what would work best for his Subaru. And he needs to fix his bike ... from a crash three years ago ...
Yeah, my tire has been flat since October/November...
The Happy Medium

Post by The Happy Medium »

If you like shopping you should check out the outlets. I always get a few things whenever I'm there.