Microsoft Word help

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Microsoft Word help

Post by Imogen »

So, I made a program for our musical in tabloid size. I made it into a PDF and tested to see if it could be printed smaller by printing it on a normal printer. It can be, so I sent it to our print shop.

Our print shop was supposed to print it on legal size paper. They first needed me to convert it to a word document in case they needed to change anything. NOW they said they can't print it on the legal size paper because I made it tabloid size. I think they're converting it to Publisher. But I can't make it in publisher because I have a Mac.

If I change the document to legal size on my end, it gets rid of half the page. Is there a way to change the thing to legal size AND have the content readjust its size as well WITHOUT me having to remake the entire program?! There's a "Shrink to Fit" option I have found, but it's only for when you're printing, and I'm not printing it. I just need to re-save and re-send it to the print shop.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Shrinky Dink

Re: Microsoft Word help

Post by Shrinky Dink »

If they're just a print shop, why would they need to change anything? Personally, I think the easiest way would be to make all the necessary changes and then save it as a PDF and just have them print it from there.

The next easiest option would probably be to just redo the word document in the size that they'll be printing it. You could probably start with what you already have, just shrink the paper, play with the margins and font sizes until it all fits, and just make sure it looks the way you want it to look.

I don't know if or how to resize everything automatically, hopefully someone else does.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*