Fitbit?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Fitbit?

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Anyone have one? I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit Charge HR. Done some research but am also interested in personal testimonies.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: Fitbit?

Post by Emiliana »

I don't, but probably a third of the women I work with can't leave home without it. *shrug*
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

David Sedaris wrote about his fitbit a while back: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/ ... ping-out-3
Amity

Post by Amity »

I've been using a Fitbit One for almost a year (I got it through a fitness program my work was doing). It's fine, I guess? Usually I'm really motivated by tracking my physical activity and setting goals, but for some reason the Fitbit hasn't been working on me like I thought it would. I still wear it almost every day, but I don't necessarily go out of my way to reach my step goals. Maybe if I had a fancier one I'd like it more. YMMV.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

I like my fitbit flex (got it for free from work) but I constantly check my wrist for the time, which is kind of annoying. So if I had to choose, I'd have gone with the next step up, that has a clock on it.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I just got a fitbit flex. It used to be my dad's, then he lost it, so he bought a new one, then he found the old one a few months later so now it's mine. I like it so far. It's making me more conscious of how much I walk and I find myself getting up and moving more.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

What's your username? I'll add you.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
blpsara

Post by blpsara »

I have the charge hr. I love it. It makes me a lot more aware of how sedentary I am being. Also, the best part, in my opinion, is the challenge feature. A lot of my friends and family have fitbits, so we are frequently in daily or weekly challenges. The competition usually (but not always) increases my drive to move more.

As far as the heart rate monitor, it's not always very accurate. Sometimes at the gym what my fitbit says and what the machines say are very different. Other times it seems to be spot on. I'm not sure if that's a glitch in the product, or if it has something to do with how/where I'm wearing it. But if the heart rate monitor is something that's important to you, I'd just be aware of that. If the heart rate monitor doesn't matter to you at all, you might want to just consider the charge without the heart rate monitor.

I've really enjoyed mine. I've had it for almost a year now, since it first came out.