57390--my question today (what's your favorite verb?)

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Damasta

Post by Damasta »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:See, whereas I see that name and think "gim - gimmi - nee" and automatically start singing "Chim - chimi- nee, chim - chimi - nee, chim chim cha ree, a sweep is as lucky as lucky can be . . ."
WIN!!!
I am Ellipsissy...
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

Damasta wrote:
TheAnswerIs42 wrote:See, whereas I see that name and think "gim - gimmi - nee" and automatically start singing "Chim - chimi- nee, chim - chimi - nee, chim chim cha ree, a sweep is as lucky as lucky can be . . ."
WIN!!!
This and others have already been mentioned... http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=56937 Quite a pun-prone name you've got there, Gimster.

As for the question- I will try to answer it here tonight or tomorrow, just for you.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

I call 'im Gimmy. Except on gchat. Then I call him by his real name.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Well, we can't all know his real name, now can we?

Although I do have quite a collection...

But I've never actually internet-stalked anyone to find out their real name. Except bob. And we love each other now, so it's all good. Right bob?

Right?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Oh, mostly. I am discussing some pretty epic prank ideas with my dad (who is frequently over at the MTC), but nothing for you to lose too much sleep over.

; D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Eh, I don't stalk people. I don't have to. You guys make it too easy. I know bob's real name, and I'm pretty sure I know yours, too, Gio. ;) Maybe I should friend you guys on facebook sometime, baha.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Easy?

I was about to get all offended then realized that I ... have kind of given away my identity in the last month or so because, really, I don't care. If I ever went back to BYU and decide to be a writer, I'd probably change my 'nym and still be a reader and no one would ever know.

Right.

My favorite action verb (for some reason I'm the on-topic cop) is observe.

(I will note that I never would've known bob or Gio without assistance.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

You should, Sky! I would love to be your facebook friend! Because you are a very nice person.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Aw, C, I wasn't referring to you. Like I said, I don't really put any effort into knowing reader's names, I just happen to know bob's and Gio's because they make it too easy. :D You're safe.

Oh, and thanks bob, for helping me with the forum the other day. I think you're a nice person, too. I hope you caught my not-so-subtle and attempting-to-be-kind reference to your help here: http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=57399

And ice pops really are so much better. :D
Giovanni Schwartz

Sky Bones wrote:Eh, I don't stalk people. I don't have to. You guys make it too easy. I know bob's real name, and I'm pretty sure I know yours, too, Gio. ;) Maybe I should friend you guys on facebook sometime, baha.
I make it too easy? ] = It's probably Chilly's fault. Except she hates me now.

Although there was that one time. But I didn't think you've been around that long.

But if you friended me on facebook, I would probably accept. If you told me who you were. Because I haven't bothered remembering who you were. Although I think I figured you out once. But I didn't care that much.
Giovanni Schwartz

P.S. C's is preeeety dang easy to figure out.

But we love her. Because she is awesome.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Sky Bones wrote:Eh, I don't stalk people. I don't have to. You guys make it too easy. I know bob's real name, and I'm pretty sure I know yours, too, Gio. ;) Maybe I should friend you guys on facebook sometime, baha.
I make it too easy? ] = It's probably Chilly's fault. Except she hates me now.

Although there was that one time. But I didn't think you've been around that long.

But if you friended me on facebook, I would probably accept. If you told me who you were. Because I haven't bothered remembering who you were. Although I think I figured you out once. But I didn't care that much.
I love knowing who Sky Bones is, and looking at her blog (which was updated recently, yay!) because she and her baby are beyond cute! (I guess I can direct this at her; Sky Bones, you and Baby Bones are beyond cute!) The point of this post is to be sad that Gio doesn't bother to remember who the writers are.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

1. If anyone actually cared to know who I am, I'm sure it is quite easy. I've given out my address here, for crying out loud.

2. Gumby, no firearms at my house. They are strictly verboten. You will have to earn your clout on the Dr. Mario battlefield.

3. I don't really care to know people's real names. I am slightly interested, however, to know what they look like. I like attaching faces to comments/questions/answers/posts. It helps me remember them better, and cement personalities better in my mind.
Deus ab veritas
Giovanni Schwartz

Sorry you'll never get that chance with me.

Also, for the record, I associate you with ducks and Che Guevera.
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

By the way, Giminy, not to knock you after you so thoughtfully stood up for Foreman, but until he finds time for that Tetris challenge, you can't claim to be able to beat any writer at Tetris.
Just sayin'.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Marduk wrote:1. If anyone actually cared to know who I am, I'm sure it is quite easy. I've given out my address here, for crying out loud.

2. Gumby, no firearms at my house. They are strictly verboten. You will have to earn your clout on the Dr. Mario battlefield.

3. I don't really care to know people's real names. I am slightly interested, however, to know what they look like. I like attaching faces to comments/questions/answers/posts. It helps me remember them better, and cement personalities better in my mind.
Yes, your name is ridiculously easy to discover. Especially given the email address attached to your profile here.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Gee. Thanks, Gio. :P I suppose we'll scratch that on the facebook friending. When did you add the Chinese characters to your name anyway?

And C is for... now I'm a little scared. :P But thanks for the compliment! I suppose I had to get even, too... would you happen to have a very large macaw on your arm...? :D
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

ahem. wrote:
Marduk wrote:1. If anyone actually cared to know who I am, I'm sure it is quite easy. I've given out my address here, for crying out loud.

Yes, your name is ridiculously easy to discover. Especially given the email address attached to your profile here.
*gasp* Don't give it away! Everybody's learning all my secrets! *pout*

(No, but really, always check the email address first. Then if they link to any websites, then maybe if they've ever commented on Chilly's blog. Which might be kind of hard to discover, but if you work hard and have your goal in mind, you can do it.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Sky, I felt all warm and fuzzy when you called me sweetie. : D Especially since it's one of the things I would call someone I liked.

Gio, we could always come crash the MTC or something.

Also, we are so off topic but I don't really care. : )
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Also, we are so off topic but I don't really care. : )
I know. There's only so many times I can bring it back with my personal favorite action verb, and somehow I feel this is important stuff to discuss?