Answers I liked

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Violet

Re: Answers I liked

Post by Violet »

As I have the potential to be in Santa Monica after August, I actually might be. Now theboardboard has become a dating service?
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Heh. He lives in Culver City, he's an old BYU friend of mine who's at UCLA now. I love Santa Monica. What brings you here (potentially)?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Violet wrote:As I have the potential to be in Santa Monica after August, I actually might be. Now theboardboard has become a dating service?
Vi, move to Santa Monica.

And why not? I've scored lots of hot dates through Board connections. And now that I think of it, they were all tall (5'10" to 6'2") BYU grads, understanding and less religious. Go for it.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

tall guys are overrated :-)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I loved 72404- what Owlet eats :-)
Violet

Post by Violet »

krebscout wrote:What brings you here (potentially)?
I have an intern to hire offer in the area.

And Portia, I'm already in Washington DC for the summer so I am getting out of Provo one way or another. Santa Monica does sound beautiful though. Beaches and moderate weather are pretty ideal. Traffic and ocean-y humidity, not as much.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

- hey, just skip Santa Monica, and come to San Francisco! Dirty streets, bush jumpers, the smell of pot mingled with rotten seaweed..... Yummmm- breathe deeply!!
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Oh hey there's plenty of pot here. Plenty.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Violet wrote:
krebscout wrote:What brings you here (potentially)?
I have an intern to hire offer in the area.

And Portia, I'm already in Washington DC for the summer so I am getting out of Provo one way or another. Santa Monica does sound beautiful though. Beaches and moderate weather are pretty ideal. Traffic and ocean-y humidity, not as much.
It's not that humid. Certainly less than D.C.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Thanks for 72450, Owlet! I really enjoy Board facts like that!
Owlet
Board Writer

Post by Owlet »

No problem! :)
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Yayfulness,

Thank you. I couldn't agree more. Getting students to actually try is harder, but when they do - oh my goodness, what they learn is just so cool.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Indefinite Integral wrote:Yayfulness,

Thank you. I couldn't agree more. Getting students to actually try is harder, but when they do - oh my goodness, what they learn is just so cool.
Yeah, that was a really good answer!
Portia

Post by Portia »

But what can the mother do to actually help her children learn/complete assignments? That drawback of the Common Core was not as much addressed. (I've been tutoring for two years now, so I have some ethos on this.)
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

This link in the comment to the question http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/72440 about renaming the calendar is fun reading.
Portia

Post by Portia »

It always warms my heart to see that I cite properly. I also reread the aBeckalypse answer, and it's not half bad, after all these years.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I don't know how anyone could confuse a quote like that as coming from Benson. That is SO not him.
Deus ab veritas
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Portia wrote:But what can the mother do to actually help her children learn/complete assignments? That drawback of the Common Core was not as much addressed. (I've been tutoring for two years now, so I have some ethos on this.)
I read both comments and I still don't understand. How does having benchmarks necessitate um, mathematical exploration? What are ya'll talking about?
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

There have been a couple of answers disparaging huge "buggy" sunglasses in the past little while...I just wanted to say they're more effective for keeping the sun out than small ones. That's all.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Portia wrote:It always warms my heart to see that I cite properly. I also reread the aBeckalypse answer, and it's not half bad, after all these years.
I said
There is a lot more to a man's life than rising up the ladder of "success," and there's a lot more to a woman's life than being able to operate a Maytag.
I find this amusing in light of Pres. Beck's spiritual successor, Pres. Dalton's controversial bit about the vacuum. Haha.